News   Apr 26, 2024
 157     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 584     0 

High-Density Land Transactions

M

Mike in TO

Some potential future condo sites

2242 & 2246 Lake Shore West (North of Lakeshore, west of Parklawn) - sold in June for $10,200,000

1815 Yonge St. (East of Yonge, South of Eglinton) sold in June for $7,400,000

406-410 Adelaide St E (North of Adelaide, East of Sherbourne) sold in June for $7,700,000

4789 Yonge St. (West of Yonge, north of Sheppard) sold in April for $29,000,000

770 Bay St (Is this the Menkes site for Lumiere?) sold in March for $10,600,000.

This one could be big - York & Bremner (West side of York, south of Front) sold in March to a joint venture partnership for $37,203,600 with density rights of 1,400,000 SF.

Infininty 3 and 4 at York and Bremmer. Or am I way off.

Or is this the parcel just north of the Infininty site. That means it could be office. But likely nothing going up there for a while with 3 office towers basically under construction as we speak.

This one could be big - York & Bremner (West side of York, south of Front) sold in March to a joint venture partnership for $37,203,600 with density rights of 1,400,000 SF.

Is this the NW or SW corner of York and Bremner? The SW corner, owned by H&R is being set up for a parking lot as H&R takes a wait-and-see approach.

2242 & 2246 Lake Shore West (North of Lakeshore, west of Parklawn) - sold in June for $10,200,000

This is the former MISTRAL site which was purchased from Hans Fogh by that slab-tastic Edmonton builder True North. Looks like he finally dumped the site and scurried away from T.O.

That must be one massive piece of land!

Do you have the address of the York & Bremner property?

Is this the NW or SW corner of York and Bremner? The SW corner, owned by H&R is being set up for a parking lot as H&R takes a wait-and-see approach.

Unfortunately I don't have an address and the report was somewhat unclear - it said "south of Front" - so I'm assuming it is the NW corner of York and Bremner - but I'm not 100% certain.

If I owned the site I would sit back and wait for MLS and the Telus buildings to be completed and significantly enhance the property values in the area. There a certain advantages to waiting for the local market to mature and being the last land owner to move towards development.

It's the strip mall at the SE corner of Yonge and Sheppard.

I'd say it's 50/50 whether that land was bought for condos or just to invest in the strip mall.

That strip mall was going to be redeveloped in the 1980's. However the landowner and the lease holder couldn't come to an agreement so the lease holder renovated it to what it is today. Be interesting to see what happens.

For a condo with typical floorplates, how many floors does 1,400,000 SF translate into?

i know northam realty sold the 151 front st west site and they were planning the 167 m tower.i wonder if this is the property we are talking about.

That parcel was sold/the planned tower needs to be re-done?

If that's the case I'll remove it off the 400+ foot list.

How big was the last tower? I am assuming the density would not have changed so if the developer was going to use the full density it would have been 1.4 million sq ft. and would indicate this is the same site.

Back