News   Jul 15, 2024
 563     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 728     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 596     0 

Hearthstone by the Bay (Humber Bay Shores, Davies Smith, 19s, Quadrangle) COMPLETE

catcher_of_cats

Member Bio
Reaction score
Leaving Rob Fordland before it is too late.
This one is has been overlooked so ...

http://www.hearthstonebythebay.com/club.html

Occupancy Spring 2009

2658608988_e85cafb90f_o.jpg

Notice that this is a true view rendering.

2657725367_acd8c58951_o.jpg

2658577264_3c27056e85_o.jpg

2658550894_0e26ea49ce_o.jpg

Notice taken: it is very rare to see a new project rendered with all of its surroundings intact. The version of that rendering on the website is pretty small, and therefore it's a bit difficult to see how close all of the other buildings are, but kudos to the developers (Davies Smith) nevertheless for not misrepresenting this building as if it were surrounded by unimpeded parkland on all sides.

I suppose we have been ignoring this building to an extent owing to it being a retirement residence: there seems to be little interest on the forum for that kind of building. That said, this building will complete the development of the east end of the Etobicoke Waterfront, and it will give Lake Shore a continuous street wall through the area.

I would love to know if sales have been on par, or above or below the rate that was foreseen by the developer. If they have been good, it would represent a bit of a breakthrough. How many of the generation older than ourselves look to retire in such an urban setting? Neither my parents nor their friends have headed for anything so built up at all.

Senior citizens projects don't belong on this board. They are old and we don't care about them!

Right?.........Right?.....Am I right????

Kidding...

I think this project will make a fantastic addition to the area and spice up this increasingly quiet and austere area...Just too many young folks around here.

p5

What makes you think this building sucks Towered?

IMO the building design is decently articulated with rythum of balconies, cladding, and clazing that are conherent / compatible with Waterford Towers to the west, Grenadier Landing to the south, and Players Club to the east

This doesn't strike me as being a particularly urban setting. In fact, I don't know of any condo buildings for seniors in the heart of downtown, though there are a number of rental buildings. It's a huge untapped market for people at retirement age who live downtown and don't want to move further out.

I don't see a market for exclusively senior condos in the downtown area ... too many younguns within arm's length (not to mention the $500 plus a square foot)

Rental retirement homes cost upwards of $2,500/month, and there are several of them near downtown, so the geographic location doesn't seem to be a problem.

There is no part of the waterfront ruined by these buildings. The waterfront is fine and actually quite beautiful at Humber Bay, with its new butterfly gardens, strolling paths, and connected bike paths that take you to Humber Bay Park. Less than a decade ago, the bike path stopped abruptly after the bridge, and one was deposited on Lakeshore.

I wish the buildings at Humber Bay were less ugly, and I would settle for them being more coordinated in their ugliness, but the waterfront ruined? I think not.

Back