News   Jun 18, 2024
 63     0 
News   Jun 18, 2024
 303     0 
News   Jun 17, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Head of Slips (Waterfront Toronto, West 8/DTAH)

Update from May 30

Attachments

• Spadina Head of Slip.jpg
    Spadina Head of Slip.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 419
^^ there are still curves.... you just have to look closely-er its an illusion, it does look flat, but just because of the angle.... I want to check it out in person

the pace is staggering. The curves really do need to be seen in person to get a good idea of what is happening.

I managed to take a few other shots today that show the curve better ;) It really is quite impressive in person...and the smell of wood is great!

Attachments

• HSS 1.jpg
    HSS 1.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 361
  • HSS 2.jpg
    HSS 2.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 319
  • HSS 3.jpg
    HSS 3.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 325
It looks really flat from some angles, but I recall some of the waterfront slips being very curvy and some not so curvy on the proposal document.

I'm sure the pro curve individuals in this thread will be willing to donate a portion of their salary on a monthly basis towards the "jerk who falls on his roller blades and sues the city who can't defend themselves because the geometry of the path is deemed beyond reasonable grade variation by an expert in the field of convincing people they have expertise in the field in order to be paid to bolster the defence of spurious claims against incompetent municipalities" legal fund. The fund should only need a few million dollars.

People rollerblading on a deck should know better. Period. There are far more dangerous places and far steeper and curvier hills to rollerblade in Toronto. A sign warning against wheeled appendages (rollerblades, skateboards) would suffice.

Rees:
A11.jpg

Simcoe:
A12.jpg

Both can be quite interesting. At this rate, we'll have them all installed by 2010 as planned. West 8 deserves major credit for designing a plan that was doable and has begun implementation in record time – by Toronto standards.

People rollerblading on a deck should know better. Period. There are far more dangerous places and far steeper and curvier hills to rollerblade in Toronto. A sign warning against wheeled appendages (rollerblades, skateboards) would suffice.

Both can be quite interesting. At this rate, we'll have them all installed by 2010 as planned. West 8 deserves major credit for designing a plan that was doable and has begun implementation in record time – by Toronto standards.

Indeed. With the changes planned for Queens Quay in 2009, we'll see some very nice changes in a relatively short while!

Back