News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 373     0 

Head of Slips (Waterfront Toronto, West 8/DTAH)

Looks like the strike has kill the opening of this deck as it is in the same condition I saw over a week ago today.

I guess the official opening in Aug maybe push into Sept.

Very sad.

It's preferable to have the Rees deck opening delayed than to let the unions have their way.

It's preferable to have the Rees deck opening delayed than to let the unions have their way.

Agreed. Plus with the cold and unpredictable weather (read: sh*tty weather), what's the rush?

July 20th Update

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Simcoe Wave Deck -

The newly opened Rees Wave Deck (An Urban Toronto exclusive!) -

Spadina Wave Deck -

Actually, I had to wait a while to get those shots of Simcoe & Rees because of cyclists & skateboarders. What you see are shots I managed to get with as few people on the decks as possible in order to capture them as best I could.

Poor Spadina looks really old in comparison to Rees and Simcoe, even though it's only a year older!

Next up for decks... Parliament.

Any idea of a time-line?

I think the whole area around Parliament/Queen's Quay is still being planned so I think it won't be for a while. (Though there are renderings on their site, Waterfront Toronto is still working out how to bring QQ further east (through the Home Depot/Tent City lands) and how best to connect the QQ east streetcar to the Cherry Street streetcar. (To say nothing of the Gardiner.)

Back