News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.8K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 853     0 

Havana (Part I)

androiduk

Member Bio
Reaction score
Some images from a recent 2 week photo shoot to Havana. If you're thinking of going, do it soon, Havana is changing fast. Will post a few more threads of Havana pix later.

havanamontage5.jpg

Good Havana,Cuba pics!

Android: Good Havana,Cuba pics! Those old pre-Castro mainly 50s cars always interest me. I now wonder if things will change in 2009 between the USA and Cuba with a Barack Obama presidency in terms of diplomacy.
LI MIKE

I'm sure they will L I Mike. Once Obama deals with the local problems he'll turn his attention to foreign problems like Cuba. I'm sure the combination of Obama and Raul Castro will make giant leaps forward. Cubans are fairly oppressed and it will be nice to see things loosened up.

Last edited:
I've been to Cuba twice, but only explored Havana the second time. The first time we essentially had the crap scared out of us by the tour company rep. advising us not to wander away from the hotel compound, which was boring as hell after about 1 hour. Second time we were wiser and did our own thing. Havana is beautiful, but sad at the same time. Cubans are wonderful people and if you know a bit of Spanish -or at least make an effort, they really seem to appreciate it in a cool, fun kind of way.
Hopefully Obama & Co. can begin normalizing relations with Cuba, it's way overdue.

Last edited:

Back