News   Sep 17, 2019
 495     3 
News   Sep 17, 2019
 452     0 

Harbourfront Centre

Riverdale Rink Rat

Member Bio
Reaction score
which part of "although unlikely" before "I hope" do you have trouble understanding??
does anyone else besides me think Redpath is unbelievably ugly? It is a sugar refinery, let's not pretend it is some sort of Versaille carrying so much historical value. It is hardly different from a power plant, or the LaFarge cement factory further away on the lake, no matter how important you imagine it to be.
I don't have trouble understanding you. RC8 said all that needs to be said about your posts. As with many of your fantasies, I just pointed out that the working sugar refinery on the waterfront is not going anywhere, so get over it.

kkgg7

Banned
Member Bio
Reaction score
I don't have trouble understanding you. RC8 said all that needs to be said about your posts. As with many of your fantasies, I just pointed out that the working sugar refinery on the waterfront is not going anywhere, so get over it.
I almost never go south of Front St. It really doesn't bother me at all. I was only thinking for those who love the waterfront.

Thanos

Member Bio
Reaction score
with all due respect, all the beach-bathing thing is a western culture. Asians don't value beaches as much as Westerners do, not by a long shot. Even in the summer, women hold umbrellas to get away from the sun, for fear of getting tanned. Do you really think if there is a beautiful beach by Shanghai, people will rush there lying half naked getting tanned? Your typical western mindset is laughable. Asians do NOT care about beaches and getting tanned, learn to accept and respect that. They would rather go to a karaokay bar than the beach on a summer afternoon.

It is true many Shanghainese can't swim. so what? Do you know how crowded Shanghai is and what the public swimming pools look like in the summer? Most likely you have ten people in each lane and more than 60 in the pool. You get touched and kicked all the time. There is no way you can really "swim", not to say to learn to swim. You really need to get some reality check before starting to criticize other countries.
Do you think everyone cares about having a 300m skyscraper? Do you think everyone wants to be on a street where there's so many people elbowing you that if you got pickpocketed you wouldn't realize until an hour later?
You should really stop imposing your views on others and thinking they are ridiculous because they think a 100 year old victorian is better than another WTC. And you are always the one that brings in China into the equation.

YOU really need to get a reality check before YOU criticize others.

LordWanker

Member Bio
Reaction score
I almost never go south of Front St. It really doesn't bother me at all. I was only thinking for those who love the waterfront.
Really now........

which part of "although unlikely" before "I hope" do you have trouble understanding??
does anyone else besides me think Redpath is unbelievably ugly? It is a sugar refinery, let's not pretend it is some sort of Versaille carrying so much historical value. It is hardly different from a power plant, or the LaFarge cement factory further away on the lake, no matter how important you imagine it to be.
Thanks for being so....entertaining in your inconsistent views & postings.....

adma

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm starting to think that kkgg7 is actually posting from Shanghai or another non-Toronto location.
Either that, or he's in Toronto on some kind of official governmental dispatch. (You know, the kind that 40 years ago would have been boosting the Cultural Revolution to the heavens, if I may go into a little retro-Cold War brain fart here.)

adma

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Let's not pretend the Redpath has any cutural/historical meanings to it. It is a sugar refinery. Get over it.
Likewise, let's not pretend Buffalo's grain elevators have any cultural/historical meanings to them. They're grain elevators. Get over it.

For all your professed desire for architectural sophistication and all of that, let me remind you: architectural historians would have your hide over that.

And likewise if you suggested Moscow would be better off getting rid of eyesores like this

kkgg7

Banned
Member Bio
Reaction score
Either that, or he's in Toronto on some kind of official governmental dispatch. (You know, the kind that 40 years ago would have been boosting the Cultural Revolution to the heavens, if I may go into a little retro-Cold War brain fart here.)
what exactly is the point of talking about my personal background (including my sex life, which you showed tremendous interest in in an earlier post) rather than focusing on the topic here? I am open to all disagreement about my views, but all this talk about myself is boringly pathetic. maybe you two should exchange phone numbers to talk about me privately?

adma

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
what exactly is the point of talking about my personal background (including my sex life, which you showed tremendous interest in in an earlier post) rather than focusing on the topic here? I am open to all disagreement about my views, but all this talk about myself is boringly pathetic. maybe you two should exchange phone numbers to talk about me privately?
It'd be more useful if you addressed the previous "you may think you're cosmopolitan and sophisticated, but you're not" post.

kkgg7

Banned
Member Bio
Reaction score
As long as you like them. I'm sure that is what really matters.
what are you, 12? I have been on forums long enough to not be bothered by cheap shot sarcasm at all.
Let's focus on the topic rather than engaging in insulting others simply because they have different views about things.

LordWanker

Member Bio
Reaction score
what are you, 12? I have been on forums long enough to not be bothered by cheap shot sarcasm at all.
Let's focus on the topic rather than engaging in insulting others simply because they have different views about things.
Perhaps you should do the same, non? Otherwise carry on.....................