Harbour Plaza Residences (Menkes) - Real Estate -

Another factor you gotta consider is what's the ratio of parking spots to units?

According to Urban Toronto, it's 1:2. (716 spots, 1426 units)

True!

When I asked the builder about number of parkings, they told me they've planned for only 11% of units to have parking (i.e. about 150 spots for both towers)... which is much different from 716 spots... I'm now in doubt whether I should believe UT or the builder lol

Or maybe they do have 716 spots, but most of them are dedicated to the office tower and only about 150 spots to the residences?

Last edited:
411 spots for the two towers.

"PROPERTY KNOWN AS BOTH 90 Harbour and 1 York St., PROPERTY KNOWN AS BOTH 90 Harbour Street and 1 York Street, Official Plan Amendment and Rezoning application for new mixed use development - proposing 3 buildings (1 office building and 2 residential towers) with a common podium ranging from 4 to 9 stories. Office building - 31 stories (150 metres); Two residential buildings of 70 stories (239.5m) each with a total of 1426 dwelling units for both buildings. Shared parking with office and residential tower - 4 levels below grade - 791 parking spaces - (residential parkings spaces 411 - Commercial spaces - 380). 1300 bicycle parking spaces.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=195547

FYI afi, if you read the AURA construction thread, someone mentioned $60,000 for the parking at AURA, and also $58,000 at E-condo.

FYI afi, if you read the AURA construction thread, someone mentioned $60,000 for the parking at AURA, and also $58,000 at E-condo.

Yes, I'm quite aware that $50000-$60000 per spot is becoming quite the norm for Toronto. I'm just crossing my fingers that by 2017-2018 you can sell the same spots for at least $75000-80000!

Yes, I'm quite aware that $50000-$60000 per spot is becoming quite the norm for Toronto. I'm just crossing my fingers that by 2017-2018 you can sell the same spots for at least $75000-80000!

If you expect your parking for that price, you shouldn't be buying it.

I noticed the west building is slightly better than the east building unless you're at the really high floors maybe 60 floors or so? Just south of it, there's the Harbour Estates and One York Quay. In between HE and 90 Harbour is the office building Water Place III.

Does anyone know when the condo units will be going on sale or when the estimated completion dates for the condos are?

The units have been selling via insider and VIP agent sales since May... but I've heard the public release is planned for Sept. The estimated completion date for West Tower is summer 2018 and for the East Tower summer 2017.

Anyone know where Menkes is in terms of selling the units? When are they planning to launch publicly?
I've been so busy lately that I wasn't able to follow the sales news on this project.

Anyone know where Menkes is in terms of selling the units? When are they planning to launch publicly?
I've been so busy lately that I wasn't able to follow the sales news on this project.

I was told that everything below 61st floor is sold out. Investors are now looking at Yc Condos at Yonge and College which has been creating a huge buzz in the market for the past few months. Click here to read the blog for Yc Condos.

I was told that everything below 61st floor is sold out. Investors are now looking at Yc Condos at Yonge and College which has been creating a huge buzz in the market for the past few months. Click here to read the blog for Yc Condos.

Thanks for the quick reply. Menkes should have a public launch though for the project, no? Any words on when that would be?

Thanks for the quick reply. Menkes should have a public launch though for the project, no? Any words on when that would be?

Public launch for what? They do not have units below 61st floor, unless they are secretly holding a few below 61st floor that we are not aware of. Only units available are in the Harbour Collection from 61st floor onwards. I believe they might be open to the public to sell their remaining inventory in Harbour Collection. Why don’t you call the sales center?

I don't know, I always thought that any major project would at some point open up to the public (as far as I knew harbour plaza was just selling via VIP agents)... you want me to call menkes sale centre and ask? lol, I'm just asking questions out of curiosity, I don't think I would have cared as much to bother people at the sale centre.

With superb location, I don't think there will be a public sale. There was an insider sale and a VIP sale. During the VIP sale, anyone could have gone into the sales centre to buy a unit.

With superb location, I don't think there will be a public sale. There was an insider sale and a VIP sale. During the VIP sale, anyone could have gone into the sales centre to buy a unit.

Also, they have few units remaining and 3-4 years to sell them. Menkes had a great year in 2013 starting with 365 Church and then Harbour Plaza. I have mentioned this in my blog on Similarities in successful condo launches of Toronto.

Back