Harbour Plaza Residences (Menkes) - Real Estate -

I really really dislike this idea of sharing the gym and pool area of the condo with members of the public. It takes away that exclusive and community feeling that a condo gym and pool have when it's only open to residences of said condo.....Are you for sure that this will be the only gym the residences will have access to? If so horrible decision on the end of Menkes to do this.

Pretty sure. I work in office tower and received a good corporate rate to join. I asked if it was a shared facility with the condo towers and their response was that it is and memebrrship is inlcunded as part of the maintenance fee. Probably best to call and confirm though.

Pretty sure. I work in office tower and received a good corporate rate to join. I asked if it was a shared facility with the condo towers and their response was that it is and memebrrship is inlcunded as part of the maintenance fee. Probably best to call and confirm though.

The gym is 100% shared. On our forms the gym for Harbour Plaza is Pure Fitness (Level 5.) The pool will not be shared though. On Level 6, when they finish it in Oct-ish, we'll have an indoor pool/spa/thing.

The gym is 100% shared. On our forms the gym for Harbour Plaza is Pure Fitness (Level 5.) The pool will not be shared though. On Level 6, when they finish it in Oct-ish, we'll have an indoor pool/spa/thing.

Are you sure? I own a unit in that building and I’m almost 100% positive that it will be open to gym members.

Also, does anyone like the building? I’m renting my unit out but was underwhelmed by the interior design and finishes. Every unit looks identical.

My unit is coming up for inspection. Anything in particular that I need to pay attention to? Thanks

A friend of mine had her PDI a few weeks ago, everything seemed fine according to her, except some minor touch up paint work.

I got the keys. No repair work was done to fix the issues after PDI including a large crack in one of the windows. Is this normal? Do I just file a 30 day form to Tarion and expect Tarion to send someone to fix it?

They're not moving fast at all. My unit has multiple repair tickets open for both PDI and post PDI issues and they've been open since early September.

They're not moving fast at all. My unit has multiple repair tickets open for both PDI and post PDI issues and they've been open since early September.

any idea whether building registration is affected by PDI-related repairs?

It's a huge development. They are going to take some time getting things fixed. Just make sure you record everything and send to tarion.

Went to the first general meeting this evening, there seems to be some shady business going on with the property management company. Since the building was just registered and final closed, the theme of the meeting was to elect 5 board directors. The longest 3-year director position was elected by popular vote at the meeting by attendees, no contest there. However, the remaining 4 positions were literally voted by a single staff from property management, she was seen writing down names on a pile of proxy voting cards on the side. To many's surprise, all of the 4 remaining positions were given to candidates who do not live in the building, 3 of which are agents, 1 of which is a board director at another condo by the same builder (interestingly enough), another one did not even attend the meeting. Attendees booed the result, it was a shocker.

Went to the first general meeting this evening, there seems to be some shady business going on with the property management company. Since the building was just registered and final closed, the theme of the meeting was to elect 5 board directors. The longest 3-year director position was elected by popular vote at the meeting by attendees, no contest there. However, the remaining 4 positions were literally voted by a single staff from property management, she was seen writing down names on a pile of proxy voting cards on the side. To many's surprise, all of the 4 remaining positions were given to candidates who do not live in the building, 3 of which are agents, 1 of which is a board director at another condo by the same builder (interestingly enough), another one did not even attend the meeting. Attendees booed the result, it was a shocker.
were the elected board members any of these guys?
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/condo-boards-toronto-1.4113053

sounds like a lot of fraud is about to happen (spiked hydro rates, maintenance fees, slow turnaround, accruing expenses, emptying condo reserve, unjustified charges, selling off super unit, access to owner info to solicit... etc)

Last edited:
That is really suspicious. I just closed unit in 100 harbour str.
I remember during the closing, week ago my lawyer asked me to sign proxy paper. I told him I don't really want to proxy my vote to builder but he insisted that it is requirement from builder and I can revoke it later. I will definitely contact now builder and request to revoke my proxy, but I am afraid they still will have enough to just elect whoever they want.

That is really suspicious. I just closed unit in 100 harbour str.
I remember during the closing, week ago my lawyer asked me to sign proxy paper. I told him I don't really want to proxy my vote to builder but he insisted that it is requirement from builder and I can revoke it later. I will definitely contact now builder and request to revoke my proxy, but I am afraid they still will have enough to just elect whoever they want.
the other 4 members on the board, are they on a 1 year agreement? if so can vote them out next year. what good or bad can developer-assigned directors do to a building in its first year? basically not report any warranty deficiencies to charge back to the developer?

Back