Hamilton Hamilton Line B LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

I've been caught by it on the spur once or twice and the trains definitely weren't that big. I don't have a large enough sample size though to speak to if small trains were unusual. From what I remember it was more like 5 train cars and a locomotive.

Again - debatable whether 2-3 delay a day are worth that kind of outlay, regardless of how long the trains are.

Isn't the real issue here CP Rail? If they wanted an underpass here and indicated they would delay or fight Metrolinx to get one, isn't it just the practical reality that it's better to just spend a bit more money and resolve this to keep the project moving forward? Metrolinx needs CP's cooperation for the Bowmanville Extension and future Milton Line improvements.

We've got some news that *could* potentially effect the LRT to some extent (not significantly hopefully):

The Good: Fred Eisenburger is finally out, he wont be running for re-election this year. Andrea Horwath may be declaring her big to enter the race which would be great for Hamilton because of the bad

The Bad: The joke that keeps on giving Bob Bratina still intends on running, and has every intention on messing with the LRT.

We've got some news that *could* potentially effect the LRT to some extent (not significantly hopefully):

The Good: Fred Eisenburger is finally out, he wont be running for re-election this year. Andrea Horwath may be declaring her big to enter the race which would be great for Hamilton because of the bad

The Bad: The joke that keeps on giving Bob Bratina still intends on running, and has every intention on messing with the LRT.

I think if Horwath runs, she'll be elected quite easily since she's very popular in Hamilton. I also get the impression that she would be a solid mayor for Hamilton for once.

The other big candidate right now is Keenan Loomis - ex Board of Trade head for Hamilton. He seems like the typical "competent left-centrist" type character.

If Horwath runs I doubt he'll win, but without her I assume he'll be a shoo-in.

If Horwath does run, it'll be interesting to see how she actually operates with some level of actual power. Municipal politics is also very, very different than provincial.

The other big candidate right now is Keenan Loomis - ex Board of Trade head for Hamilton. He seems like the typical "competent left-centrist" type character.

If Horwath runs I doubt he'll win, but without her I assume he'll be a shoo-in.

If Horwath does run, it'll be interesting to see how she actually operates with some level of actual power. Municipal politics is also very, very different than provincial.

She is a former 3-term City Councillor in Hamilton, so I think its fair to assume she's familiar w/how the place operates.

This project rivals the Scarborough LRT/SRT replacement for most embarrassingly long and drawn out project in Ontario transit history. Next thing you know we'll hear that this thing wont be starting construction until the next municipal election cycle in 2026.
Don’t jinx it.

Back