Hamilton Hamilton Line B LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

The next federal election is going to be wild in Hamilton re: LRT.

According to Joey Coleman on Twitter, rumor is that former anti-LRT Hamilton mayoral candidate Vito Sgro will run for the Liberal nomination in either former Hamilton East-Stoney Creek (recently vacated by anti-LRT Liberal MP Bob Bratina) or in the exurban/rural Flamborough-Glanbrook riding currently held by CPC.

^ Given McKenna's a cabinet minister and has been strong on this and has Hamilton roots, one would she would strongly protect her position on this and have more influence than a backbencher. Hopefully by the time the an election has come Hamilton Council has passed something. Got to get to financial close with various components. Verster noted there would be early works and they would break the contracts up into pieces.

Last edited:

The underlying document:

1623363150851.png

Ridiculous. If the city refuses to support the MOU I hope the province just shoves it down their throats anyway. Ford seems to be a fan of that behavior..

Rejecting it because you are worried about a couple million a year in operating cash is the definition of penny wise pound foolish.

There's still hope for Hamilton. The final Council vote hasn't happened yet. The optimist in me can't help but hold out hope.
Luckily Stoney Creek is only 3 of 15 councillors so this is far from a death blow. I also wouldn't be surprised if at least one of the three will vote yes when it comes time to vote but are making these statements to appease their voter base.

My biggest fear is that the Twitter trolls that have emerged again will continue attacking any Councillor who’s not 100% committed and waving their flag for LRT. Two of the previous pro-LRT councillors from Stoney Creek flipped after very personal attacks related to LRT and bikeshare,, and one of the previous pro-LRT councillors is on sick leave. I hope the trolls go from attack to chat mode, or else LRT vote will be worst than the first time around.

Back