News   Jul 17, 2024
 43     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 698     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 609     0 

Hakim Optical - Dundas Square

Is this the stupidest project in the entire GTA?

• Of course it is.

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Without a doubt.

Votes: 46 65.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
actually construction is well underway...

metropolis theme

hopefully demolish it and build something that ties in with the metropolis theme

Oh yeah!...like that future shop building at the corner Dundas & Yonge...that looks like a building from a 80's video game....please no more that "Architecture".....

actually construction is well underway...

Really!!!!................The steel went up months ago for the 2nd floor and that building is to be how tall?

Is there a rendering of what is going in this location? And what is the location going to be anyway? I looked through the whole thread, and there was more discussion about the former Torch building than there is about this one.

Is there a rendering of what is going in this location? And what is the location going to be anyway? I looked through the whole thread, and there was more discussion about the former Torch building than there is about this one.

Ed007 posted a rendering on the first page, but the link is dead. It was a glass box using the brick sides of the previous building. Pretty pathetic. Also, most unnecessary facade in Toronto.

^^Hakim Optical, as the thread title mentions!

...oh and a strip club for the blind.

p5
So they're moving across the street?
Ed007 posted a rendering on the first page, but the link is dead. It was a glass box using the brick sides of the previous building. Pretty pathetic. Also, most unnecessary facade in Toronto.

Oh... Thanks for the info grey.

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

Maybe I'm confused but I think they've finally added an extra floor on!

It was stuck at 3 for the longest time.

Maybe I'm confused but I think they've finally added an extra floor on!

It was stuck at 3 for the longest time.

They did and it still the same today.

The columns are design to add more floors at the rate a floor by floor.

This is a make work project or as money surface. Someone has to be loosing money with all this capital cost out there.

I hate to be a sub contractor on this project seeing my 10% hold back money not earning money or not able to use it for something else.

Yea, I really don't understand what's going on.

I've recently started a night class at Ryerson so I get to walk by this once every week around 4/5 and there's never anyone on site. Not a single person. As you mentioned, they're now stuck on the 4th floor... although stuck seems inappropriate here. It's been a long while now as well a good 3-4 months at least.

Who's the developer behind this building, do they have a lead tenant, have they pulled out?

What's the story.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hakim only needs the first couple of floors or just the first and Rogers could end up using the remaining floors. The Torch building is pretty tight for 3 TV stations and a radio station.

Back