974     4 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 658     0 

Gun Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after being given the link by a friend I'm piping up here too.

The whole "ban guns" will never work.. Look at the UK right now... Guns banned... crime rates went UP.

Jamaica has effectively banned guns... guess what their crime rates are?

How about when Florida allowed CCW permits and the media and anti's screamed the streets would be drenched with blood... which did NOT happen. In fact crime rates esp murder, rape and armed robbery dropped massively.

How about the simple reality check is a gun ban would do nothing to stop the criminals from having guns... and the CRIMINALS are the problem.

Funny how no one especially politicians want to deal with the actual problem.. and the typical 'smoke & mirrors' so many fall for is very sad... people need to do a reality check about the actual problem.

I am a law abiding citizen, I'm ex-military with full firearms combat training, I'm also an experienced martial artist and do not need a gun to kill. So whats next.. ban martial arts? Ban military training? Reality is a criminal can pickup a simple baseball bat and KILL with that. How many of you are law abiding citizens with a baseball bat in your home? Maybe that should be registered and you should be treated as a criminal just because you own one.

So since I'm not the problem why attack me? Why not put that effort into the real problem... and get something actually good done instead.

As for the costs of this farce aka the registry.... not one life has ever been saved with it yet. The public saftey is actually harmed by it.. several cops have been killed by foolishly believing it... and yet it has not removed the guns from criminals hands.

Now if you took all of the $$$ wasted on it and put it into border patrols to catch the smugglers it would help... how about $$ for womens shelters as well which are massively underfunded. That would get some real tangible results. How about that $ for basic law enforcement of the actual criminals.. and saving the $ wasted on the 'paper criminals' created by the registry?

It's very basic science... if the goal is to reduce CRIME then focus on the CRIMINALS.

if the goal is to save lives put the $ into things we KNOW save lives.

Anything else is effectively shooting yourself in the foot to spite yourself... and depriving others of the actual benefits gained by real good use of tax $

Ultimately the only possible outcome of any gun ban is the criminals will be the only ones with guns.... talk about stupid if you honestly want that to happen.

Oh and note... no one is saying you personally have to own a gun... but you have no right to say we cannot choose to do so.

well said shalimar thats for bringing some civility back into this thread

??? I have googled.

There is no such forum, because you are one person, and are making fiction up because you are posting under multiple pseudonyms.

Funny I just goggled and it was the first thing to show up. The fact that you can't successfully conduct a google search seriously worries me, to much fluoride in the water perhaps.

You are trollling, spamming, and posting under multiple pseudonyms. You have lied to us here today on facts.

Which facts have we lied about? As your previous leader once said, " a proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof, and when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."

What difference does it make how or why we got here? The bottom line is we have provided verifiable facts and logical arguments to make our point, in return you childishly calls us names.

JUST BHWAH!!!!! why on earth do I have to register my PELLET GUN????????? Some anti gun person just tell me WHYYYYY!!!!!What good does it do??????? other than $$$$$$$$$$$$$out of my pocket

What difference does it make how or why we got here? The bottom line is we have provided verifiable facts and logical arguments to make our point, in return you childishly calls us names.
I stated hundreds of people were accidentally killed by guns; and was challenged on this. The data suggests that the number is actually much higher. Your were caught in a lie.

well that is what being a liberal means.....

Sorry but thats not a fair statement.. I'm a 'classical liberal'. But I'm also pro-gun and can make a logical and factual arguement very well.
To use a broad stroke covering all of any one party in such a manner really is not a fair nor accurate method IMO. Use of Libtard / conservatard etc is a broad stroke insult and is not suitable for any logical discussion.
Someone might very well be acting as an asshat and belong to any party. There are asshats in all parties IMO (Mostly those in the party actually).. but again use of a broad summary is not helping anyone in this case.

However I do agree that others posts here have failed to address the factual and logical arguments presented by those new to this forum.

Oh and as for the Liberals wanting a gun ban in Toronto anyone here remember the recent survey from the Danforth Liberal association?

Here are the results:

4667670647_4e4967d815.jpg

People voting there obviously know full well a gun ban would not do a damn thing about the criminals, thugs, gangs etc...

Your worried to much flouride in the water. That isn't a sentence.

Is it a personal insult perhaps?

So wait, you're telling me that the link to this discussion is on Google, and your all here because you read that link. But you won't actually tell me what it is ... but your not all the same person.

Come on ... the very fact that you won't reveal the link proves that your the same person; no matter how many IPs your hiding behind.

No as I indicated before I was linked from a Canadian centric firearms forum. It's not rocket science and would explain why there is one guy posting under multiple names theory.

Accidental firearm deaths stood at 0.1 per 100,000 in 2000

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Canada

last sentence in the section pertaining to violent crime and accidents.

if i did my math right and i've very bad at math so it's possible if there are 34 million peoeplin canada 34 died from accidentlal fiream death

Come on ... the very fact that you won't reveal the link proves that your the same person; no matter how many IPs your hiding behind.

Technically anyone with moderate skills can easily spoof an IP as well..
However how many of those would bother with multiple working emails matching those same IPs when they registered.. Any admin here can easily check such and see they are not the same.. therefore your argument is lacking the basic logic and you apparently do not know enough about IT and how the internet works in this case.

It would. But it's not true. If it was, you'd have provided the link.

The internet is so much more fun when it's anonymous it's like dating in the dark with super models! How do I know your not an automated spam bot to spew out bullshit? I'm going to need at least two character references and a record of employment from you. Oh we don't hot link specifically so that you can't track us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back