559     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 477     0 

Green

Venti de Milo

Banned
Member Bio
Reaction score
Ok, first of all, I'm all cool with the talk about environment etc.

But is it just me or do lately, wherever you go, whatever you see on tv....it's all about GREEN, GREEN, GREEN? I'm getting sick of it.

Cars are planning to go Green
All the political parties have plans about Green
City TV BT has tones of topics about Green
National Reports has a week delicate to Green
even Walmart has plan for some Green thing

I'm beginning to think, do they really mean it, or because it's just a "in" thing now that everyone's talking endlessly about...so they better be part of it as well...

alot of people are full of shit. this is why one square will never be enough.

p.s

look at those kids from that school that collected all those batteries only for the city to tell them that they wont accept them. only when the media got involved did they collect them. for a kid, that is a very traumatic experience. it leaves you with the attitude - "why do i even bother".

well some people may actually belive in the green movement, but I can tell you its not the Govenment or big business, its the little guy who really has no say in the grand scheme of things, who cares.

only when the media got involved did they collect them

The trouble is that's when reasonable discussions start to unravel. While media coverage can start off with the best of intentions, the message can soon spiral into panic mode - particularly with the repetative nature of twenty-four hour a day news coverage. That's when the hype begins.

What we then end up with is a portion of the population driving to a Wal-Mart because of the Green program that they've put in place to help save the environment. And Wal-Mart goes green because it attracts shoppers who are over-sensitized to the imminent collaspse of the environment due to what ever scare story was on the news for the past week. It all becomes a marketing ploy for something else, but people keep on doing what they are doing, nevertheless.

Beyond the "green" marketing, environmental issues have become so politicized and polarized it is hard to have a reasonable discussion concerning substance. That should be something to worry about.

environmentalism can sometimes be a disguise for corporate competition, international disputes, sovereignty claims, supply and demands tactics - I.E conservation.

not that it's always a bad thing, but sometimes it could be a trojan horse.

I can think of at least 800,000 things that would be far more irritating as bandwagon phenomena.

Of all things in the world, this is what you choose to bitch about?

Companies really mess with peoples' minds sometimes when they claim to be going green. I mean seriously, a 'green' car? (that's more like a gray car as opposed to a black one). Hydrogen fuel is a ripoff too. "GM has developed a car that released only water as emissions [but the fuel that it runs on is created by burning natural gas in a process that releases tons of carbon emissions]"

even bush himself is supportive of hydrogen. what he fails to mention is that he's talking about hydrogen from petroleum.

We need to remember that the 6.5 billion people in the world create far more CO2 than all the cars we now drive.

well, the solution is simple. kill the population and spare the cars. :p

Sheesh...

Light bulbs want to go GREEN
Al Gore is bitching about our GREEN plan...

Even Doors Open 2007 is jumping on the wagon...this year, it will "focus on GREEN buildings". Urgh!

I'm sick of hearing GREEN GREEN GREEN! :mad:

^ Indeed. The horror... the horror...

You've presented a compelling case for claiming the title of Least Valuable 'Contributor' To This Forum with impressive speed and efficiency. Kudos.

With apologies to adma, and to miketoronto to boot...

DunceCap.jpg

^^ So you must be one of those "outmost VALUABLE contributors" on this board by critizing other posters :rolleyes:

Back