News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 599     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 892     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

I was expecting an FP59 on point of the London train, but a cab car was on point and assume an MP40 pushing. Went tp check the rear in London, but got side track.

Went to check the train the next day, but it was gone and no where to be seen in yards.

If 2 F59 are on the rear, why can't an MP40 do it??
MP40s cannot cross the St. Marys bridge, as there is a weight restriction. London GO service will only see F59s until the bridge is repaired, or GO gets new locomotives. Tweet confirming it below. This makes me wonder, will VIA’s new Charger locomotives have this issue too?

MP40s cannot cross the St. Marys bridge, as there is a weight restriction. London GO service will only see F59s until the bridge is repaired, or GO gets new locomotives. Tweet confirming it below. This makes me wonder, will VIA’s new Charger locomotives have this issue too?

Wikipedia says that the generic Charger locomotive is in the same weight range as the F59, less than the MP40s.

- Paul

I'll bring that one forward for those who don't have previews.

1637014956858.png

Edit to add: Have a close-up look at the maps in the background............. not so much the brightly coloured bits in the map on the right, the lighter lines....

Last edited:
GO going to have to change arrival time from 8:13 to 8:33 pm unless an platform is open without a store VIA train there. Also needs an Accessibility ramp Platform.

8:10 saw a Windsor arrive a London today.

8:22 saw a Toronto VIA train depart London.

8:30 saw the GO train nearing the station and stop on the overpass before stopping at the station.

They have built an accessibility ramp near the east end of platform 1.

If Metrolinx and VIA are planning on adding more trains to London, will need an 4th track as well a layover area.

They have built an accessibility ramp near the east end of platform 1.

If Metrolinx and VIA are planning on adding more trains to London, will need an 4th track as well a layover area.
Does VIA own London station?

Ownership should be transferred to the Cityy of London and follow guelph, Kitchener and Toronto’s lead and turn the station into a hub for intercity buses and larger Multiple platforms.

Peterborough at least used to have an express Greyhound bus that ran several times a day direct to Downtown Toronto, making stops only at Scarborough Centre and sometimes Oshawa. The 88 has gotten so slow now with the routing through Bowmanville; previously it ran express between the Highway 2 and 35/115 carpool lot and Oshawa GO via the 401.

Route 25 is also excessively slow, and the express branch (25C) still hasn't been restored.

Back