News   Jul 17, 2024
 435     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 952     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1.1K     2 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

^ As has been noted here, CN owns that shorter area. That's another key difference with the lines you cited as a comparison. If it was as easy and quick as you suggest, even the new government wouldn't have needed a 12-18 month timeframe just to provide another update.

^ As has been noted here, CN owns that shorter area. That's another key difference with the lines you cited as a comparison. If it was as easy and quick as you suggest, even the new government wouldn't have needed a 12-18 month timeframe just to provide another update.
Right but like I said before, they're not going to charge 1.5 billion to lay 2 to 3 (it has to be that much at least) track in West Brampton.

Right but like I said before, they're not going to charge 1.5 billion to lay 2 to 3 (it has to be that much at least) track in West Brampton.

CN may not charge that - but that's what it might cost if there isn't enough property on the existing ROW to build all of the track that you want them to.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

CN may not charge that - but that's what it might cost if there isn't enough property on the existing ROW to build all of the track that you want them to.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

^ Indeed. A rail-under-rail flyer under might be needed between Mount Pleasant and Georgetown.
You guys are both right, and then the question I ask is why not just do the bypass then...

^ Would you like me to put on the hat of Ford/the Minister/Metrolinx and note the downsides or risks of the bypass (not that I agree or disagree with them but this would be the 'con' list).

30 min? we dont even have hourly yet.

Id be happy with hourly on Stouff, Barrie, Kitchener.
What we found out from the Lakeshore service expansion(s) was that frequency matters....so we probably should be aiming at the 30 minute level but, yes, starting at hourly would be nice.

If they can produce AD2W service on Kitchener through the CN owned parts (and they say they can) I would suspect that they will use current trains to do that and take 30 minute service (each way) as far as they can on the part they own (which currently would be Malton but the improved relationship with CN might see a way into Bramalea).

The schedule suggests that they will be backing the trains into West Harbour.

Is it? If the ridership for that 5 AM very slow train is pathetic - or even no better than the slightly faster bus it will replace - I'd think it would put the entire project at risk. No one wants to see results that show that ridership didn't increase, when they added the train.

GO has tweeted they will not be backing up into the station. cc @mdrejhon. Apologies if this was noted before.

What we found out from the Lakeshore service expansion(s) was that frequency matters....so we probably should be aiming at the 30 minute level but, yes, starting at hourly would be nice.

If they can produce AD2W service on Kitchener through the CN owned parts (and they say they can) I would suspect that they will use current trains to do that and take 30 minute service (each way) as far as they can on the part they own (which currently would be Malton but the improved relationship with CN might see a way into Bramalea).
Goal should be a plan for AD2W both ways to at least Mount Pleasant in 2020.

Back