News   Jul 15, 2024
 128     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 375     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 537     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Page 14 shows "Whites Road" on LSE as a new station.

I didnt think that was getting the green light

506d60f5-7684-4749-803e-0d74019838a1
z5bgWpO.png

It's a proposed station that's not going into the Initial Business Case yet, but it is still one of the top ones from the list of 120 stations.

Ah, I thought this more recent business case was just going to reexamine the contentious stations; ie Kirby, Lakeshore East, Concord, Park Lawn.

I thought things like Whites Road were permanently off the table.

Is weekend ridership that high? I've seen the 6-car trains last week during mid-day weekday runs.

It has nothing to do with ridership, although apparently they pleasantly surprised with the ridership numbers at this point.

2 6-car trains are stored at Bradford, along with a 10-car train. Up in Barrie, the only trains stored are 6 12-packs, with 1 10-pack. The trains on the line are being run from Barrie, so they use what's located up there.

For the mid-day service, those 2 6-car trains are being used along with the ones from Richmond Hill and Stouffville.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Has the idea of a Highway 404/DVP GO Bus route from Union to Woodbine been proposed before? It could stop at all the Park 'n Ride and Carpool Lots, as well as Gormley GO and Bloomington GO Stations. Yes it would overlap the 61 Richmond Hill GO bus a bit, but it would still have some ridership I would assume. Especially it had a couple of stops at Highway 7 and Fairview Mall.

I just thought of the best excuse for GO Transit to not run buses to York University. Since York U is currently on strike, instead of just detouring and dropping off at Founders Rd/Steeles Ave, they should just stop at Highway 407 Station and potentially have free transfer to York U via Subway. Since most people who take these buses are either going to York U or transferring to another Hwy 407 bus, it would make a lot of sense to try out this configuration when there are potentially less riders due to the strike and see how people feel about it.

It might be too chaotic already with the strike going on though. So this idea might just be me finding an excuse for the change.

Sorry, but ML’s continued “It’s gonna be great, but we have no specifics and can’t be held to anything, and it’s now your fault for not riding” is such a red flag that I gotta write this to vent.

Opening the door to an expectation about Collingwood service is just foolish when objectively it will be a very long time.

The honest answer would be, Nothing can move forward until we have track and wires. Don’t hope for more and we won’t pretend more is possible.

And, a concrete schedule is not an unreasonable expectation.

- Paul

Back