News   Apr 15, 2024
 966     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.1K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 652     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

random thought of the day - I just realized Hamilton GO Centre actually has a small, ~50 space commuter parking lot. Here I was always thinking that it was one of the few GO Stations with no parking whatsoever... nope. It's 100% reserved parking however, and according to the station website, is largely reserved for carpooling customers. It even appears to have a small path over the James St S underpass to access the station.

There’s weekend service on the Kitchener Line this Saturday if anyone is interested, it runs express from Mount Pleasant in both directions every 2 hours.
Finally, the first weekend where going downtown from Brampton won’t be as dreadful! In all seriousness though, hoping this becomes successful with loads of demand and that they make this permanent as a great point starting from here.

Because it’s skipping stations… the definition of express.View attachment 416578
This is true. But rather than saying "it runs express from Mount Pleasant in both directions" or "an express train that starts from Mount Pleasant", why not just say "it skips Weston and Bloor" and we'd all know what we were talking about!

Here is the Kitchener Line Schedule for July 30th only. Express in that Weston and Bloor stops will be skipped.
Ah, that's useful. I'm surprised they don't show Exhibition GO.

Weekend trips pre-covid have been done have been done to Brampton before, I think mostly for Labour Day weekends to the CNE.

But well...
It would be nice if Richmond Hill Trains ran on weekends when the CNE is running. They really need to get started on that new platform, it's been in the works for years.

6AB2E70E-DC8E-4AD0-86C8-CA1FA4B77F58.jpeg

That Amtrak train is going to be late pretty much everyday for a while. Due to an imminent building collapse in Albany, Maple Leaf trains are currently stopping at Albany where passengers need to transfer to a bus which takes them to a different train in Schenectady to complete the journey. I learned this because I was supposed to take Amtrak between Rochester and Niagara Falls tomorrow but my train is cancelled :(.

That Amtrak train is going to be late pretty much everyday for a while. Due to an imminent building collapse in Albany, Maple Leaf trains are currently stopping at Albany where passengers need to transfer to a bus which takes them to a different train in Schenectady to complete the journey. I learned this because I was supposed to take Amtrak between Rochester and Niagara Falls tomorrow but my train is cancelled :(.

Since this does impact GO indirectly and was reported here, I'll provide the info on things:

From the above: (additional credit embedded)

1659314123403.png

4 more pics on the article website.

Text below:

1659314210588.png

Lots more detail if ya click through.

This past Saturday GO added stroller and bike signs on the Niagara GO Station platform, fantastic right! Well 3 days later they’ve all been removed. Great use of time. These photos are 16 hours apart from each other; yesterdays last Niagara train and todays first Niagara train:
DCBF0AC2-C516-40C6-97B8-77D24A641C9C.jpeg
23663F15-6333-414D-BF58-6C8857A1D166.jpeg
5CB21B47-801D-4413-93B6-A4CE9DFAB340.jpeg

Back