News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 884     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 354     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Which looks really dumb and shows how little commuter services are used in the US. cities. Metrolinx shouldn't be running anything shorter than 6 cars and they should go back to full trains even if ridership is down to give pole more room if they want it right now.

You may be missing the point. The trains are really, really, really empty right now.

You could fire a cannon down the aisles and not transmit COVID to anyone.

- Paul

You may be missing the point. The trains are really, really, really empty right now.

You could fire a cannon down the aisles and not transmit COVID to anyone.

- Paul

I don't believe cannons are a significant risk of transmission, even in crowded spaces. 😛

I only took the 16 once. It was not the fastest or best way from Hamilton to Toronto.
I took the 16 very frequently when I lived on King Street in Hamilton. It was definitely the fastest and best way to get to Toronto.

I don't believe cannons are a significant risk of transmission, even in crowded spaces. 😛
Slow down there Napoleon III. This isn't Paris under Haussmann.

The train would be quicker in rush hour - but until GO can start getting sub 1 hour train service to Hamilton, the bus will always be the better option in the off peak.
Yes, this is why it's essential that the planned off-peak train service to Hamilton be a new express service, not an extension of the existing local service. An express service making 4 intermediate stops (e.g. Aldershot, Burlington, Oakville, Port Credit) would cover Hamilton-Toronto in 59 minutes, as I've demonstrated before by splicing together the existing train schedules.

Four car trains on Richmond Hill line.

"Service change starts April 19

We’re keeping an eye on customer levels and continue to make adjustments to the length of our trains to match demand while using our resources efficiently. Starting April 19, we’re trying out four-car trains for some trips on the Richmond Hill Lin

Starting Monday, April 19, the northbound 3:45 p.m. train from Union Station will have four cars instead of si
Starting Tuesday, April 20, the southbound 7:26 a.m. train from Gormley GO Station will have four cars instead of six."x.e. six.
Was walking on the trail that is literally beside the tracks thru Newmarket today (adjacent to Fairy Lake). It was about 6:30 and Engine 613 (I think) was hauling a 4-car consist southbound.

Are they expanding 4-car service to more lines?

Was walking on the trail that is literally beside the tracks thru Newmarket today (adjacent to Fairy Lake). It was about 6:30 and Engine 613 (I think) was hauling a 4-car consist southbound.

Are they expanding 4-car service to more lines?

Trains run through between various lines, so yes.

- Paul

Back