News   May 06, 2024
 499     1 
News   May 06, 2024
 1K     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 684     1 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

It's part of RER - which has a deadline of 2025. The PCs are pushing for all new GO stations to integrate private development now though, which may effect timelines.
It will definitely. That mistake was committed in City Hall and will happen again. There is just not so many developers around.

Unless development is place over the corridor, the plaza torn down; tearing down the houses on the east side; ""NO"" developer will touch the Caledonia GO Station.

The complete lack of a real answer is the reason everyone is still so skeptical anything will really happen.

We on UT should all chip in some money and buy a bottle of scotch. If any of us are still alive when electrification is started - they can share the bottle.

- Paul

it's mentioned in the last Board meeting video.
I can't watch the video now, but I'll take your word for it.
In any case, issuing the RFP means nothing, as they can cancel it, or extend the RFP close date forever.
I've lost all faith in Metrolinx.

And it can even be young/cheap scotch, as it will be well aged by the time it's opened.
FYI.....scotch only ages in casks....once it is bottled the maturation stops......so a crappy 3 year old blend is still gonna be a crappy 3 year old blend in a 100 years.

FYI.....scotch only ages in casks....once it is bottled the maturation stops......so a crappy 3 year old blend is still gonna be a crappy 3 year old blend in a 100 years.

The parallels to GO service to Brampton are, well, just too easy to comment on.

- Paul

Back