11     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 129     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 558     0 

Giro T.O. -- Calling all Bike Enthusiasts

C

ctanzola

Hello all ... I am a long-time lurker on this forum and I love all the stuff you people have to say about T.O. and love the enthusiasm you bring to it.

I thought I would share this information in the transportation forum, since it seems like the right place -- My brother is organizing a charity bike ride for May 28, 2006 to raise money for Villa Charities, an Italo-Canadian aid organization which helps senior citizens, as well asdevelopmentally disabled people, with an emphasis on multiculturalism and community.

The ride is called GIRO T.O. and will have an Italian flavour, as the 70-km (or 40-km) boot-shaped course will wind its way through Toronto's neighbourhoods with stops for gelato and espresso along the way. The ride starts at Columbus Centre at Dufferin and Lawrence, goes south to Union Station, out to the Humber, up to Steeles, and back to the Columbus Centre, and will take riders through Little Italy, the Corso Italia, and many other Toronto neighbourhoods.

Riders can now register. The minimum fundraising amount is $500, but it is for a very worthy cause and promises to be a whole lot of fun, a challenge for flabbies like me, and -- hopefully -- the start of an annual springtime tradition in this great city.

If you're at all interested in more information, check out either link:

www.girotoronto.com

www.villacharities.com/ma...GiroSplash

Thanks,
Chris

Back