News   Jul 22, 2024
 618     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 639     0 

G-20 Summit in Toronto

A real nice bunch of winners there. As if it's not bad enough that society has to pay for their welfare cheques... we have to pay for this mess they made too.

As I've stated before I was there. I work full time and my right to protest is just as protected as your right to complain and be an arm chair general.

As far as I'm aware, most of those businesses that were vandalized had insurance. I was never accosted by the anarchists and I had a camera in front of everything. You should be asking why those cop cars were burning so much and never exploded. Kinda fishy to me. Makes a great photo op too.

As far as I'm aware, most of those businesses that were vandalized had insurance.

Is 'insurance' some magical source of money? If insurance companies have to pay out for a lot of damage, then they are going to raise their rates so that they can remain profitable businesses (and employee regular people). If they raise rates for businesses, then those businesses are going to have to pass on that increased expense to their customers so that they can remain profitable businesses (and employee regular people, paying taxes, providing wanted goods and services).

You should be asking why those cop cars were burning so much and never exploded. Kinda fishy to me. Makes a great photo op too.

What, specifically, would you like to have exploded? You can certainly hear smaller explosions, possibly from ammunition cooking off.

Was there enough oxygen mixed in with the fuel to result in an explosion or would the gas just have burned like a regular flammable substance?

Usually it is just in the movies that cars magically explode when exposed to fire.

Kinda fishy to me that someone wouldn't have thought through their conspiracy theory before making it public. Makes one think they might have a hidden agenda.

You should be asking why those cop cars were burning so much and never exploded. Kinda fishy to me. Makes a great photo op too.

Why don't you ask your cousin, the cop?

perhaps one too many action flicks?

and even if they where there to 'tempt' anarchist, does that all of a sudden justify the means? - Pretty rediculous logic to me...

As far as I'm aware, most of those businesses that were vandalized had insurance. I was never accosted by the anarchists and I had a camera in front of everything. You should be asking why those cop cars were burning so much and never exploded. Kinda fishy to me. Makes a great photo op too.

Great, another unproven idiotic conspiracy theory. Do you think insurance companies grow money on trees? And just in case you don't understand, the right to protest DOES NOT include any defined right to damage or destroy the goods belonging to the city or to other people. Maybe the fishy smell is coming from your thoughts.

As I've stated before I was there. I work full time and my right to protest is just as protected as your right to complain and be an arm chair general.

How many cars do you see on the side of the road with their engines on fire? Do those cars explode? How many auto racing accidents do you see (with there much more volitile fuels), do those cars explode? Honestly when was the last time you actually saw a car blow up with your own eyes. To me that's a pretty rare event, so rare that I'd be surprised when a car explodes rather than when it doesn't.

As others have said, the right to protest does not give you the right to damage property no matter what evil corporation that property represents.

If you live and/or work in the area the fact is that you should be just as incensed at the violent protesters as you are at the human rights abuses that occured during the same weekend.

I grew up in montreal, and I've seen way more destruction there during the stanley cup riots and when THE EXLOITED (punk band) cancelled a show

Now there's something to brag about!

I wasn't being arrogant..it's just that,I don't think we realize how bad it could have been. I agree stores got smashed,and that's a shame,but, toronto is a "quiet" city compared to montreal when it comes to riots.

This is nothing more than a smoke screen by Bill Blair. They will sit down individually with the 90 officers (and their Union reps) and I also suspect most of them will simply state that the Velcro badges fell off in scuffles with the "criminal elements" . And I suspect that most of them will be given the benefit of doubt. Even if they are punished they will only loose a days pay which is nothing to these guys. Most of them are making over six figures. I'm sure that their immediate supervisors will make sure that they get some extra juicy overtime work to more than make up for the loss of one days pay. Blair is telling us that up to 90 officers are being investigated but I suspect that in the end we will never know the outcome due to "employee confidentiality"

This is a joke. Once again Blair is playing us for fools. He stated before the Parliamentary panel that in all of the thousands of video and still photos taken by the police and public that he did not see one example of excessive force or police exceeding their powers! Is he blind? Did he not see the video of a cop punching a journalist in the face? Did he not see the video of the Mounted Police deliberately trampling a man in Allen Gardens? Did he not see the "crazy lady" undercover cop wielding her baton at a bystander who was simply making a video of the demonstration? Did he not see the video of an undercover cop disguised in black block garb marching in unison with uniformed officers?

What this statement from Blair tells us is, name badge issue aside, there is NOT ONE police officer currently under investigation and under suspension for use of excessive force. A complete whitewash has taken place and Blair is using the badge issue as a smokescreen in attempt to fool the gullible public into believing that "the system works"

Last edited:

Back