News   Jul 15, 2024
 84     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     1 

G-20 Summit in Toronto

re the CTV video: good job by that one guy that tried to grab the one little punk... and that dude that tried to use the newpaper box as a weapon is the same one that kicked in the Scotiabank on Queen W. what a bunch of losers! hope they all get jail time...

Now the reporters and camera men with G20 I.D's are getting arrested I think you will see the press turning on the cops.

They're just arresting any and everybody now. Why didn't they do this with the people that were damaging property yesterday?

So I just saw Chief Bill Blair on CTV. A reported asked him why the Black Bloc weren't just snatched and arrested right when they were violently destroying things, and his answer was "it's so easy to be an armchair quarterback." Wow, what a way to avoid the answer.
now that's what I call a cop out.

what just happened? all the Toronto news stations have either went black or have frozen images on my tv. Is it because of the storm or something related to the protests?

As has been said, Quebec, Quebec, Quebec.

Did you hear the group after they burned the first police car? All shouting in French at one another.

"You know how unpredictable the French are. One minute they're kissing a woman's hand, the next they're chopping off her head!" - Marge Simpson

I don't get it. There's a cop within every square metre of the city, yet no cops are here on Yonge street arresting these idiots?

http://watch.ctv.ca/news/latest/the-mayhem/#clip318869

Wrong. There are cops on Yonge Street, I got pulled aside & harrassed when walking my dog to scope things out downtown as I only walked as far as Gerrard Street last night. I was threatened with arrest if I didn't provide ID & search against my wishes then they detained me for about 15 minutes. They're out there busy harassing the law abiding citizens of our city.

On a related matter the National Post has well over a hundred dramatic photos posted today of what transpired around downtown yesterday

http://www.nationalpost.com/multimedia/photos/gallery/index.html?id=3201093

Last edited:
to be fair, I think after what went down it is fair for them to be asking everyone to produce id and comply with a search. unfortunately it is a hassle to you guys that live downtown. But dont blame the cops... they are just trying to do a very difficult job and make sure that nobody slips through their fingers. I say the same for the straggling groups that are now being arrested en masse. Go home already, leave the area or be arrested. Makes perfect sense to me....

I agree with the Chief's response re: armchair quarterbacking.

Whenever I read the post of some self-righteous/sanctimonious person complaining about an imperfectly executed police strategy, I visualize him (the poster) sitting in a cubicle 40 hours a week with a boss looming over saying "its a simple fucking task, what kind of an idiot are you - I said "milk, NO sugar - not milk AND sugar. Maybe if you weren't complaining about the performance of our leaders online you'd be able to execute simple tasks..."

A few broken windows folks, it could have been worse. Hold yourself to the same standards in your own work.

Last edited:
"Wrong. There are cops on Yonge Street, I got pulled aside & harrassed when walking my dog to scope things out downtown as I only walked as far as Gerrard Street last night. I was threatened with arrest if I didn't provide ID & search against my wishes then they detained me for about 15 minutes. They're out there busy harassing the law abiding citizens of our city."

So don't "scope things out downtown" then. Cops have to be telepathic? You wanted to be part of the scene and hence got detained for 15 minutes. Since you're going to dining out on that little experience with colleagues and friends for months you should be thankful!

"Aye FEEELLLLL vi-o-lat-TEDDDD"

"It's like a hockey game... as soon as the national anthem is over, the violence begins."

[video=youtube;Heb9BXjYcII]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Heb9BXjYcII[/video]

Does anyone else find what is going on now at Queen and Spadina a little disturbing? Police have surrounded a crowd of around 200 people composed of protestors, bystanders, and media. No one appears to know what is going on, and all that is apparent is that arrests are being made. The crowd is now stranded out in the thunderstorm, not knowing what is going on, and seemingly lining up to be arrested.

EDIT: The crowd or part of it is being moved off of Queen W, but is still surrounded by police. It's been around two hours since this began. Most or all of the media have been removed from the crowd and allowed to leave.

Last edited:

Back