Fontana (H & W Developments) - Real Estate -

I found theses ... anything more you may need a real estate agent :):

Building 'A' - NW corner of the block
Fontana_A_base.jpg
Fontana_A_middle.jpg
Fontana_A_top.jpg

Building 'B' - SW corner of the block
Fontana_B_base.jpg

Just wanted to say a few words to share my personal experience on this Fontana project with fellow urbantoronto members. Me and my wife actually purchased a unit through my agent during the VIP presale period. Went to sign the deal 3 weeks ago at their sales center. Originally I would like to see more information on this project other than just a drawing of the building, but the experience was very disappointing. The sales office was basically empty!! The only info that I got was that the developer is very famous in Taiwan. (they call him "Taiwan Lee Ka Sing", but they are unwilling to disclose his true identity!), and that they will use all the high end material, e.g. highest grade laminate (same one as the one they have at sales center, which to me doesn't look high end at all). They also mention that there will be a 2 level lobby that looks like Circa (they always use circa as comparison and say that they will do something BETTER than Tridel). What makes us think its a joke is, when we are doing the paper work we just notice that there's not even a floor plan of our unit available!!!

They ask us to wait for a week for the floor plan and now its the 3rd week, there's still no floor plan available. We decided to cancel the deal because we absolutely don't feel comfortable purchasing something that we didn't even know. There's no other interior design picture of Fontana provided. There's no model suite being setup. I've never seen a builder trying to sell something so unorganized. To me, they are not even ready to sell at the moment.

Not sure if other purchaser have similar feeling regarding this. H&W said they are 80% sold already using $0 to advertise and I guess in this world there's ppl who do believe in those marketing talk (or BS?) without carefully considering all the facts. I think it takes a lot more for H&W to try and beat other reputable condo builder like Tridel/Monarch than just saying that they are providing nicer laminate floor, better quality counter top etc. During the cancellation, their sales still kept saying how much money they pour into the building and they are actually losing money selling us the condo... blah blah blah... yeah right! :p

Well now that we cancelled the deal already, but I will still be interested to see how "well" this project is coming up in the near future. :p

Thank you for sharing the info Kurama27 ... welcome to UT !!

I kind of share the same feeling towards this Fontana project ... I very RARELY see Broker Preview Sales Material use hand drawn plans for marketing purposes (as shown above), it really shows they are not ready for marketing yet .... there doesn't seem to be details of any sort on this development (other than the 2 exterior renderings to date), I know for a fact that their sales office is still very much under construction, I'm quite suprised that they are 80% sold (if that is actually true) ... it scares me that so many people (investors) are just buying based on speculation with no details (even floorplan) on their purchase whatsoever

From my understanding, H&W is owned by the same person who runs Metro Square at Steeles Avenue & Ferrier Street

ridiculous!

H&W developer is the worst developer i ever saw! im their recent customer, and I am so pissed off! they changed the price and the size of the floorplan for MANY TIMES without ANY notices! They were like , " okay, you dont' have to buy it if you dont like. You signed the offer, but our boss didnt sign the offer, so we have the right to change the information at any time!" They are right, but they are freaking wasting our customer's time!!!! Here is the story---Couple weeks ago I went to their office and was going to sign an offer for a 1+1 unit. But to my surprise, they raised the price about 2% on that day without any prior notice! I still signed the offer at the end cuz i really liked that unit. Their boss still havnt signed the offer, and i've been waiting for almost 2 weeks. And today, they informed me that the "1+1" unit has been changed to 2 bedroom unit! The overall area has been increased about 100 sf (some area is used from my balcony! ) And ofcourse the price has also raised extra $50000! HOW RIDICULOUS! and they explained to us that they did this because they wanted to improve the architecture for customer's sake!! what stupid excuse is this. Cant believe how greedy they are! They just should've clarify everything b4 selling to customers. NOw i dont think i can trust them anymore, they might change at ANY TIME!

Last edited:
Hi Maigo, thanks a lot for sharing your story. I am sure you and me aren't just the only two that had bad experience with H&W. I hope that by now you have already cancelled your deal and walked away. Spent your hard earned money elsewhere rather than on a builder like this. There's a lot of choice on the market now for Markham condos.

I've never seen a project on sale that is so unorganized. The whole thing is not even up to a point that it is ready for sale. The unit that we purchase was on the 3rd floor, I ask the sales a question if they know 3rd floor is the floor above the townhouse unit or if the floor above the townhouse unit is actually the 1st floor, no one know anything. We went to ask the male boss with our floor plan, he use quite an unfriendly tone and said floor plan already sent to your broker, you better ask your broker why there's no 3rd floor! I receive 2 package of preliminary floor plan from my two different brokers and I couldn't find any info about the 3rd floor! That tells me that the male boss doesn't even know what he is talking about. He doesn't even know his company didn't send out 3rd floor plan to brokers! Now when I request for floor plan of my unit. He told the other sales that "forsure" they have it and he will help me find it. I saw him walk into the office and a few min later, he was out chatting with ppl without coming back to say a word regarding my floor plan. Now I know they don't even have all the floor plan ready when they start selling! How can you start selling things that you didn't even know?!?!

I am so skeptical about this H&W company (not much history other than owning metro square), which makes me think that this whole thing is like a scam, why? Because :

: Start selling when they don't even have floor plan
: No picture of the entire project other than the lousy building rendering. The male and female boss only BS about the design and material. What is the design of the pool, club house, lobby etc? No one can say anything firm.
: No sample of material shown. Kitchen style? What types of flooring?
: Sales with no knowledge about the project and an unfriendly boss
: No price list was ever shown. Each unit has a price that only gets reveal when you purchase but there's no master price list for buyer to see.

I hope that all other purchaser can take a few moment to give this some thought. Use your common sense and don't just blindly believe what the builder/broker say about the project. Use your own judgement when buying your property and buy wisely! :)

I am interested in this condo. Interested in hearing any good or bad experiences. Thanks in advance.

I recently purchased a resell property from Fontana. I did a lot of shopping around for both resell and pre-construction. At the end of the day, I was deciding between a unit in Circa and Fontana for resell and a few projects for pre-construction.

They also mention that there will be a 2 level lobby that looks like Circa (they always use circa as comparison and say that they will do something BETTER than Tridel). What makes us think its a joke is, when we are doing the paper work we just notice that there's not even a floor plan of our unit available!!!

I find it hard to compare the 2 lobbies. Both lobby styles are completely different. Fontana's lobby has a more grand European style, compared to Circa's lobby. I like both lobbies but you can't really compare apple with oranges.

Circa Lobby
Circa Loobby.jpg

Fontana Lobby
Fontana Lobby.jpg

While I was working with a agent for a pre-con project that was newly released, the agent asked me to put a deposit down to secure a unit with no plans available. He told me it is the standard practice now for pre-con since there were a lot of interested buyers and only so many units. Not sure if it is a sales tactic that agents uses to secure a sales or not. Not to mention, the project is developed by one of Toronto's larger developers, doubt that they don't have any floor plans ready.

Either way, I went with Fontana resell property instead because I was looking to move in ASAP. Close to UHS, VIVA, and they have full size amenities (Basketball court and swimming pool).

We downsized from a house and we were also looking at both Fontana and Circa. We decided to rent at Circa as we were not sure if we will like condo living. Always interested in how Circa and Fontana compares, so good to know someone who will be living there. Hopefully, we get a chance to compare notes on our condos in the future.

Nice to know we are neighbours Bussub!

When I was comparing Fontana and Circa, the amenities were one of my deciding factors. I liked how Fontana's pool was full sized compared to Circa's crescent pool. I can easily do laps. I like their full size basketball court as well, but I seldom use it. Too bad all amenities are closed now.

I have a couple friends that currently lives at Circa 1. They were telling me how they needed to do some kind of Kitec plumbing work. What's the deal with that anyways, would you know?

We are in Circa 2 and have not heard anything about the Kitec plumbing work. Circa 2 is making plans on replacing the carpets. Curious if Fontana and Circa are managed any differently. Keep in touch.

Fontana is managed my Crossbridge; I believe all if not most Tridel buildings are managed by themselves.

Keep in touch!

Fontana is managed my Crossbridge; I believe all if not most Tridel buildings are managed by themselves.

Keep in touch!

Back