Fly Condos (Empire Communities) - Real Estate -

Sure, a developer could set their 400SF bachelor to $1MM but no one would buy.
Alternatively, if one was selling units for $600 PSF at day 1 of launch at pre-construction and then reduced prices to $550 PSF after 1 year, $500 PSF after 1.5 years, etc ... it would undermine consumer confidence bc of deflation.

Do you have realtor access to MLS or something, otherwise how would you track sale prices for individual units?

No, I am not a realtor. I am just a normal guy who gets annoyed when people who make ridiculous "the sky is falling down" predictions about the Toronto condo market.

And you didn't answer my question: how will Empire "maintain the price level" of their condos when the building is completed? Are they going to reach into people's cheque books and force them to pay their prices? To my knowledge, market value is not determined by the builder but by what people are willing to pay. But what do I know? I just bought a condo at Yonge/Eglinton last month that will suffer a "20% retracement" according to you...lol

But I'm overpaying at $505 per sq foot! I don't think I want the $40K parking and I went to the actual site yesterday and stood across from the Tim Hortons (the unit is the corner unit at the South East corner) and the view would be ok, not great. 2 huge condos facing the south and an obstructed east view.

I'm 70% thinking of returning it, but welcome any feedback from you guy!

Thanks!!!!

here's a virtual tour and current price list I found off a Real Estate Agent's website that will give you guys a better picture.

I visited it and I wasn't impressed.

here's a virtual tour and current price list I found off a Real Estate Agent's website that will give you guys a better picture.

I visited it and I wasn't impressed.

Hey Movieguy/(flatfeeanthony) wink...wink...how many times are you going to post these virtual tours of various condos in the GTA with a link to your OWN website? It's getting a little tiring don't you think...and most people actually see right through your passive aggressive advertising style. Just tell people who you are and what you want, it's a lot more genuine! Btw...I tried to find "David Young" on the net, one of the two agents that you trust the most along with Anth, and I couldn't seem to find him anywhere. Go figure ;)...

Hey Movieguy/(flatfeeanthony) wink...wink...how many times are you going to post these virtual tours of various condos in the GTA with a link to your OWN website? It's getting a little tiring don't you think...and most people actually see right through your passive aggressive advertising style. Just tell people who you are and what you want, it's a lot more genuine! Btw...I tried to find "David Young" on the net, one of the two agents that you trust the most along with Anth, and I couldn't seem to find him anywhere. Go figure ;)...

LOL. My name is Michael, I'm a web designer/virtual tour photographer based in Toronto. Being a virtual tour photographer, I've met and worked for/with many agents. I was absolutely genuine and stated I shot the VR of harbourview for Anthony Rapallo. I like him, so I recommend him, much like if you really like a movie, you would recommend it. Doesn't make you a schill for the movie company. :)

At least I'm not disingenuous like some of the other agents on here; blatantly obvious they are trying to whore themselves by saying nothing but good things about themselves, or a project, recommending you to buy, and adding nothing to the original poster's questions.

I love condos. Someday, I want to make a website with all my VR tours to help everyone, but for now, I just link to some of the cool VR tours I've done that may be on other websites.

Regarding David Young: I just did a google search and his profile on Sutton Realty comes up at the top of the results:

David Young - Sutton Realty

"Go figure" - honestly, even if I was an agent promoting myself, I see no reason to make up a fake person. :p

I can name a third agent I recommend, but I lost her card. She was featured on the CBC's marketplace program about condos. She's the one working at Liberty Village when they went hidden camera shopping. I feel so bad for her because she got the bum rap. To the casual viewer, the program made it seem like she was deceptive, but anyone in condo sales can tell you what she said, under hidden camera too, was FAR more honest and knowledgeable than the vast majority of what you get at a condo sales centre.

Keep in mind, she was working for the developer. For example, when asked about the contract, she says, "if it isn't in the contract, you're not going to get it." - something you rarely hear from a sales person. She's essentially saying, "I'm not saying the developer is dishonest, but you should REALLY pay attention to the details in your contract". Obviously, she couldn't say exactly that because she would lose her job, but she went to the very edge. She's such a great person. She's a condo owner herself and helped save $100,000 in building maintenace for the building she lives in.

I believe her first name was Jana and I agree that she's a great agent and got a total bum rap. From what I've heard, her advice was well worth listening to as CanAlfa seems to be pulling a bit of a switcheroo on all the "bonus upgrade" items they sold units with at Liberty Towers at the very beginning. It's always buyer beware!

Hi there folks.
I have a suite on the 17th floor facing east. Any idea if that's tall enough to get a view, or am I going to have a view of that adjacent building?

Thanks for your help.

T

Hi there folks.
I have a suite on the 17th floor facing east. Any idea if that's tall enough to get a view, or am I going to have a view of that adjacent building?

Thanks for your help.

T

The Element (condo to the east) is 20+4 storey ... so YES unfortunately you will be looking into a wall ... hopefully you've done your due diligence research before buying

The Element (condo to the east) is 20+4 storey ... so YES unfortunately you will be looking into a wall ... hopefully you've done your due diligence research before buying

i really don't get it !?!

buying property is the biggest purchase in one's life but it seems people spend more time and research deciding on a coat than their residence.

was the marketing of "lifestyle", granite countertops, glossy brochures, s/s appliances that effective ?!?

i can tell you that a letter was sent out stating Jan 9 was tentative registration/final closing date

Back