flickr / alfred ng

Toronto TTC "ALRV" car on Queen at John, January 2004

title-torstreetcars.jpg

Photo by Rob Hutchinson

The Blizzard of 1999 - in case you may have forgotten

spare-0006-09.jpg

Photo by Aaron Adel

shot #4 is looking a lot like new york.

Just got back from Ottawa. They had much more snow than we did - not that I'm complaining.

Toronto's first snow...neat pics!

DZ and Zephyr: Good Toronto first snow pics! We in the NYC area-after one of the warmest Octobers on record-only have had cold below-freezing weather in recent weeks. In fact LI did not have a first frost until the first week of November this year-weeks later then normal. I noticed that the Southern Ontario and WNY area had gotten mostly lake-effect snows recently. It is a little getting used to the fall(or
winter)cold-after that prolonged warm snap.

I would like to see other winter pics-does anyone have '99 Toronto Blizzard memories or pics? That 2004 CLRV pic looks interesting... LI MIKE

Man...that Yonge and Bloor shot really emphasizes how much that intersection is crying out for a makeover. Allez, Kazakhs!

2054721371_49bf810344_o.jpg

flickr / alfred ng

that building with the reflective glass atrium on the upper floor is worth saving on the west side of Yonge. Eventually maybe they will have an L shaped lot for future development to rise up behind it. Just my opinion...

2054721371_49bf810344_o.jpg

flickr / alfred ng

that building with the reflective glass atrium on the upper floor is worth saving on the west side of Yonge. Eventually maybe they will have an L shaped lot for future development to rise up behind it. Just my opinion...
I have to admit from your photo I like the look of that building, and I would try to save it.

The Stollery's building would make a nice base for a condo tower. I hope it's protected.

Back