News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 356     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 918     1 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

Maybe because having more construction projects happening at the same time increases costs of the projects to due lack of workers.

It is times like this where I wish it was the olden days of when the city had their won construction crews.

Can't see them extending the Finch West LRT eastward towards Yonge until the Relief Line is completed to Danforth. Can see it being constructed at the same time as phase two of the Relief Line towards Eglinton (Science Centre).

And that's very reasonable; the Relief Line is a pressing priority. We shouldn't drop projects already in the pipeline for the sake of Relief Line, but we should stop adding more projects in front of it.

And that's very reasonable; the Relief Line is a pressing priority. We shouldn't drop projects already in the pipeline for the sake of Relief Line, but we should stop adding more projects in front of it.
I would move the priorities of Finch central to near the bottom of the list. Even Yonge north is a higher priority than Finch Central.

Would be nice if ALL the transit projects were to go on at the same time. However, the cost of skilled workers, the cost of expropriation of real estate, the supply of materials needed, and especially the disruption of surrounding everyday life, would not make that possible.

Better to work on the projects as an assembly line. There shouldn't be big gaps between the projects, but have continuous construction on transit projects.

Would be nice if ALL the transit projects were to go on at the same time. However, the cost of skilled workers, the cost of expropriation of real estate, the supply of materials needed, and especially the disruption of surrounding everyday life, would not make that possible.

Better to work on the projects as an assembly line. There shouldn't be big gaps between the projects, but have continuous construction on transit projects.

That is the smartest thing that could be done. Have all projects ready to go so that workers merely switch construction sites.

I would move the priorities of Finch central to near the bottom of the list. Even Yonge north is a higher priority than Finch Central.

IMO, Finch central and Yonge North have about same utility from the connectivity perspective.

However, there is much more support for Yonge North, and it definitely will happen before any Finch LRT extension. And I have no problem with that, as long as both get done eventually.

Why are you saying "even Yonge north" like it's some minor expansion that'll hardly generate any ridership. Yonge North will be the most used subway expansion in more than a generation, with the exception of the Relief Line Long. Of course it's a higher priority than Finch LRT. Yonge North should be a higher priority than everything but the DRL.

Why are you saying "even Yonge north" like it's some minor expansion that'll hardly generate any ridership. Yonge North will be the most used subway expansion in more than a generation, with the exception of the Relief Line Long. Of course it's a higher priority than Finch LRT. Yonge North should be a higher priority than everything but the DRL.

In terms of city of Toronto priorities, the extension beyond Steeles is of negative interest to Toronto and the TTC. Therefore, the total benefits:challenges ratio is extremely low for the entire project.

Back