News   Jul 05, 2024
 2.8K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.9K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 673     0 

Feather Factory Lofts (Roncesvalles/Dundas, Plazacorp)

Not yet. If they don't then I'll take it up with city and ward councillor. What's his name?

Any resident of the area near Dundas and Roncesvalles knows that parking is an extremely big problem. I myself am forced every once in a while to park 200m away from my place because I cannot find a spot. Spots intended for residents are routinely taken up by freebooting visitors. I would love to see all visitors towed unless they have a parking permit for the street that they are parked on.
I never have a problem parking when I'm here. There's always a choice.

60 more cars in the hood. There's no more parking available. The units have no "fire Exit. Do you want to live in such a space.

60 more cars? How many cars do u have? I think theres only around 40 units in the building. Front door = Exit. Can be used in emercency!:confused:

So the agreement was cleared by my lawyer. Apparently is was as clean as a whistle - nothing ambiguous, nothing needed to be crossed-out or amended. The only issue right now (that I face) is parking.

Currently, the building is zoned as MCR but it's listed as strictly commercial so the city won't issue a permit. Does anyone know how long rezoning takes?

Also, is zoning for property taxes the same zoning bylaw as for parking? Which one does MPAC cover? I heard it could take up to two years for the commercial zoning to be revered to mixed-use as far as property tax goes, but I'd hate to wait two years to get a parking permit.

Still no mention of this project on the Plazacorp website... how are they promoting this project if no agents are allowed either?
It's being marketed by "Toronto Lofts Realty Corp" as exclusive agents. I suspect Plaza Corp does not market it on their Website because of all the problems associated with the building. Just hope all the buyers' lawyers do their due diligence as these units cannot be used as residences.

Great use of land, great location, and great price. The developer or reno company thought this one out brilliantly. Why you ask? Will I'll tell you why, No community consultation and minimal city counsel consultation. The developer thought this one out. Hopefully people can move in this fall.

It's so wonderful to see old buildings in this hood being renoed to keep the feel of the community instead of those developers trying to Manhattanise High Park.
"No community consultation and minimal city counsel consultation" is the reason the developer is in trouble now. It is an illegal conversion from Commercial rentals to Residential Lofts. Not approved as such, and no one will be able to reside there. They can only be used as office /studio/ commercial space.

ADMC,

I faced a similar situation during the opening of the Church Lofts where
the exclusive broker refused to co-operate with any agents. My agent still
went down to the opening with me, gave me great advice and left it up
to me to make my decision. I ended up buying into 60 lofts instead, but
the point is that a good agent will shepherd his client through the process
of decision making even if one of the prospective sellers may not co-operate
with him. I suggest that you should go to the opening and get as much information as you can on the project, ask your agent for his advice if you
require it, and make your own decision. The reason the Feather Factory project is not co-operating is because they're assured of a highly successful opening and don't want to dole out the additional commission (which is fair enough).

Good luck!
No, the reason "the Feather Factory project is not co-operating" with agents is that any agent worth his/her salt would uncover all the dirty little secrets associated with this project:no rezoning application submitted (commercial rentals to residential lofts, no building permits posted at anytime, no parking, no stove, no shower, no storage, no recycling etc.) As per the City's comments to me is that the information on the application was that the "building was being converted from office rental to office condo". Buyer Beware.

I'm one of those who bought in at FFL.

There was a mad rush of people shortly after opening - and most of those looking around (and inturn buying) were young professionals. I believe every 560 sq ft suite from floors 1-5 were sold in a few hours.

As for the "allegations", we were told about the washer & dryer/shower head issue and that they would install it we just had to make note of it. The stove was not mentioned when we purchase, but I can get one with the credit (I didn't realize it was because of zoning until it was mentioned here). And as for parking - that was one of my biggest concerns. Right off the bat they clearly stated there is no building parking but I could get a street permit.

The papers are with my lawyer today and we're talking tomorrow afternoon. If in fact I cannot get a parking permit b/c it's not residential the development really is a sham. Could that be why it's not listed on urbandb?

signed,
A long time visitor, first time poster.
Have your lawyer check again with the City for the parking & the zoning. It is not zoned residential but commercial and by law can only be used as an office studio condo.

just out of curiousity and excuse my ignorance, but how would the building being used as residential lofts negatively effect the neighborhood?

You are right about the showerhead and washer/dryer, buyers had to specifically request to have these installed
There is no room for 60 more cars to park overnight. The developer "was" telling buyers that they could get "overnite permit parking". This is not true. Call City Parking at 416-338-5447 & ask about "permit parking" for 2154 Dundas Street West.

Have you ever lived in any small-med apartment or condo of any kind? There's a chute for garbage and you bring your recycling down. In a building with only 5 floors and 40 odd units, multiple chutes sound quite excessive.
I quite understand your comments as it would apply to older buildings. Since this building was gutted, why not make provision for different chutes from the get-go. Yes, I've lived in smaller buildings, but let's be realistic here. How many tenants actually bother with the recycling. Probably 0 to nil if you know what I mean.

I bought one of the units this weekend. I was watching this building for two years. I knew people in the building before the current owners. Some of the tenants there were creepier than the knuckledraggers outside. But the area is definitly picking up with all the stuff happening including this reno. Are you an ex tenant of the building? You sound really pissed about your parking. I'll bet you were parking on the street when YOU lived there. The city told me last week I could have a permit if I live there and now you want them to save the parking for you? I'll bet you're renting an ILLEGAL basement apt and have a street permit. The street belongs to all of us.
Just for the record, I am not an previous tenant of this building, am currently a homeowner in the area, for the past six years & parking is not an issue for me. And no I don't have street parking & don't need any. & I have no basement apartment

60 more cars? How many cars do u have? I think theres only around 40 units in the building. Front door = Exit. Can be used in emercency!:confused:
I don't. Fourty four units, possibly some with two cars (YUP's) plus guests & overnite visitors. Just ball parking. Ten is too many.

I called and can confirm that the city will not issue a parking permit as it is registered as a commericial building.

I dont know about the claim that it will be illegal to live in the units though.

Back