News   Aug 14, 2024
 775     0 
News   Aug 14, 2024
 586     0 

Fantasy Renderings

Unnamed Tower

Been working on this one for awhile.
6582361419_7ce38f0029_b_zpse3b8cb57.jpg

The dark floors are refugee floors, and the building is around 100 floors. The angled glass will have to have horizontal metal 'scoops' to "prevent micro-urban avalanches" during the winter months. hahah

Have to revise a lot of things after reviewing Toronto's by-laws... especially height restrictions in certain areas hahah
height_zps3edca331.jpg

, Kohtem

ps, my first post.

Love it! I wonder which buildings will fall apart first--aA or P+S etc?

In my fantasy world, I'm staring at that new Kirkor rendering for 1181 Queen Street West and wondering, what would I do here?

One idea (I've already changed the design of the tower in my head--more later if I find the time.)
sytz.png

xtjj.png

89xn.png

Someone in real life asked me recently what kind of modern architecture I would like to live in. My first attempt at answering that question:
ulqz.png

Inspired by my ideal home--the ancient and awesome Scottish Croft House with a hint of naval and Canadian (igloo) design, it's a 5 minute sketch I hope to turn into reality someday ... or at least, a more detailed rendering. This was just a quick concept for the Kings Wharf area of Halifax--a trio of "iconic" waterfront condominiums.

Did anyone catch me asking random nimbies at Queen and Gladstone the other week what they really want here? Some of them said the Gladstone is the coolest building in the area so why not copy it? Err, no thanks.

So I hit the SketchUp and tried and tried and tried to capture the mystery of the strip. I then decided this morning that another hotel may be the right approach--with condos on top. Introducing The Sudbury Hotel at 1181 Queen Street West -- another hideous NimbyTect concept now under construction.
6dr0.png

9930.png

hr2x.png

Surely it compliments the Bohemian Embarrassment?

Back