IMG_6566.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,750

Solaris

Member Bio
Reaction score

bilked

Member Bio
Reaction score
Owners in MuseumHouse next door must hate the condition they are now stuck in with Exhibit, kind of ridiculous the 2 are built that close to each other with living area windows really.

They do hate each other. They're in litigation

Miscreant

Member Bio
Reaction score
They do hate each other. They're in litigation
I'm not surprised, though that's not to say the litigation has grounds. You can expect this if you're going to live downtown; but at the same time--I can't say I'd be happy investing that kind of cheddar into a condo only to lose most natural light and watch Edgar and Mary in their new post-retirement digs across the alleyway.

Armour

Member Bio
Reaction score
Arvelo would say that they're not close enough, and should actually be built right up against each other.

arvelomcquaig

Member Bio
Reaction score
I don’t think there should be gaps between buildings, though that should be matched by the provision of good windows at the front and back of each apartment.

Also, I love seeing a building / people living their lives out the window; I don’t see why that’s so terrible. I went to Museum Dental recently (within Museum House) and was able to see into Exhibit, and I loved it. I’m sure I’d still be bothered if my view was eclipsed by such a building, but I also love the presence of nearby urban life outside a window, and, anyway, it’s an inevitable part of living in a big city.