News   Apr 26, 2024
 297     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 834     0 

Eve (Mississauga, Amacon, 32s) COMPLETE

khris

Member Bio
Reaction score
This tower is currently under construction and has been for quite some time.
Today I took some photos of the tower under construction.

Website

Amacon Development

Left: Eden Park, Right: Eve
eve1mediumqv6.jpg

Background: Eden Park, Foreground: Eve
eve2mediumfc0.jpg

Foreground: No.1 City Centre Towers, Background: Eve
eve3mediumhd8.jpg

2nd tower top and looks better than Eve. The 3rd tower to get underway early 2009. Sales office will at the foot of the road extension. July 25-08

Those buildings to the south need to come down, but to find cheap housing for the tenants will not be easy.

2702044397_efa800d780_b.jpg

Yeah surprisingly it came out pretty well. Giving us a sneak peak at The Residences I suppose.

Well, at least there's some sort of contrast in styles between the two towers.

I was just going to say - the amount of pavement there is unbelievable... and those streetlights are all crooked - can't the city install them so they are not at some wonky angle to the street?

Hahaha, look how wide this this two-lane road is. Oh, Mississauga :eek:

It's Kariya Drive and I don't quite understand it either. It feeds directly into Square One north of Burnhamthorpe, so I assume it'll be four lanes eventually? Webb Drive, a fairly dense condo-lined street just west of there, is supposed to be extended eastward to meet it soon as well.

It's Kariya Drive and I don't quite understand it either. It feeds directly into Square One north of Burnhamthorpe, so I assume it'll be four lanes eventually? Webb Drive, a fairly dense condo-lined street just west of there, is supposed to be extended eastward to meet it soon as well.

It actually is a four-lane street, a "collector" street (not arterial, but a step above "local"). It has parking along some of its length. It feeds traffic into Square One and the City Centre, as mentioned, and will become more important if anything as several condo towers are built near its south end. Also, as Webb Drive is extended, and as more density is built along Webb, even more traffic along Kariya can be expected. Kariya takes some of the north-south load off Hurontario.

As for the streetlights, the area is a big construction site right now. Those lights will most likely be replaced once the sidewalk on that side is built.

It's really damn annoying to drive on those streets. I drive on that street all the time, and people always try to pass you if you're not going fast enough. It's very dangerous, because people always seem so confused when they're driving on them. Whether it's two lanes, or one. If you ask me, it's only one lane, as there is only one line in the middle of the road, with no dotted lines seperating lanes.
So I treat it as such.

It may technically be one lane, but when it's that wide I think you should keep to the right, especially if going slower than average. Passing in a single lane isn't dangerous if there's sufficient space for all vehicles involved.

I hate roads that are two lanes wide but not marked as such. It always leads to confusion. And confusion on the road isn't a good thing.

Back