News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 

Eve (Mississauga, Amacon, 32s) COMPLETE

Photos taken January 20th, 2009.

Eve%20-%2001.20.2009%20(1).JPG

Eve%20-%2001.20.2009%20(2).JPG

Eve with her sister Eden Park on the left:
Eden%20Park%20%26%20Eve%20-%2001.20.2009%20(1).JPG

I don't understand how these towers seem so tower-in-the-park whereas Amacon's city centre development seems to streetscape oriented.

I suppose these are Amacon's first high rise development project in GTA afterall ?

I don't understand how these towers seem so tower-in-the-park whereas Amacon's city centre development seems to streetscape oriented.

Well you kind of answered your own question. The towers are not in MCC proper, so the guidelines are probably not the same type of density. Also when these proposals were made, the guidelines for design in Mississauga were not the same as they are now.

FYI and update to forum name request - the building is actually 37 stories.

(i was just inside this building today.... my friend got a unit here.)

nope..it's 32 storeys plus mechanical...you can manually count from the pic above (bldg on the left)...

If the elevator said something different, that is just silly feng shui re-numbering of floors...

edit: khristopher beat me to it...

further to other's notes ... it probably shows 37 in the elevator, but the real height is 32 storeys because they probably skipped 4, 13, 14, 24, 34

didn't realise they do this sorta thing marketing projects in Saga, I thought that usually happens only in projects targeted at Oriental markets in Toronto (like North York, Scarborough, Markham)

further to other's notes ... it probably shows 37 in the elevator, but the real height is 32 storeys because they probably skipped 4, 13, 14, 24, 34

didn't realise they do this sorta thing marketing projects in Saga, I thought that usually happens only in projects targeted at Oriental markets in Toronto (like North York, Scarborough, Markham)

i apologize... you guys must be right.

didnt think about the asian factor either. but given this company grew up in vancouver where the asian influence is high im not surprised.

crown of eve, as posted by Jasonzed at SSC....this building is partially occupied and the exterior is pretty much complete now...

Mississauga1507.jpg

I'm optimistic about Amacon's Parkside Village based on Eve (terrible name, nice crown though).

Yes, I find this a very attractive building, and have good hopes for Elle. A far more terrible name than Eve haha.

I think you can move this thread now as well. This building is complete.

Yeah, that's pretty good! Much better than Eden Park right beside it. Congrats to Amacon...

Who designed Eve though? Anyone know?

Back