1.4K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.7K     3 

EU01 :: London (Part One) :: 90 photos

• Thread starter Christopher DeWolf
  • Start date
Christopher--I have also noticed the profusion of interracial couples in Paris. They really are everywhere. You also see a lot of interracial groups of friends out together...both things much less common in London (or Toronto for that matter). Maybe, on the level of personal interactions anyway, there is something to be said for the French approach of officially pretending racial differences don't exist...

Allabootmat: When I lived in France I saw some of the most appalling examples of racism I've ever seen, particularly against North African immigrants. The French need no lessons in national or racial chauvinism!

Well, not to say it's not there, adn there in spades, viz the riots earlier in the year...but I think that French race politics are a lot more complex than the discrimination that set off the fires in the banlieues. There's good and bad, like everywhere else...

Yes, I remember the skater Suriya Bonli. Whenever she won everybody would be so proud of her and France etc. Whenever she lost she'd be, 'that damned foreign $#*%' (I'm sure you can imagine the word that went there).

Whenever she won everybody would be so proud of her and France etc. Whenever she lost she'd be, 'that damned foreign $#*%'

Ben Johnson.

Back