422     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 228     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 302     0 

Entertainment District Projects

Isn't this the new design?

3277495750_b6930439d7.jpg

Indeed it was, with towers of 47 and 42 stories. However, your own post from earlier this year (regarding the City's Jan 11, 2011 report) states that the approved design is the old 48 and 18 storey design.

I thought the Entertainment District ends at Spadina to the West, which becomes the King West neighborhood/Fashion District -- I'd guess many of these districts overlap with each other.

I have (rather crudely) changed the map to show 355 King with the new 47s + 42s version instead of the old 48s version.

Last edited:
I thought the Entertainment District ends at Spadina to the West, which becomes the King West neighborhood/Fashion District -- I'd guess many of these districts overlap with each other.

If you go by street signs, Charlotte Street east of Spadina is in the Fashion District. The west side of Bathurst is considered to be part of the Niagra neighbourhood.

It also goes south to Rogers Centre, Air Canada Centre. So it would include places like ICE and Maple Leaf Square.

That is more inclusive than I had thought of it as being, but including the Rogers Centre and the ACC in the 'Entertainment District' does makes sense.

That also means that MLS and ICE, as well as the east-of-Spadina portion of Cityplace would be included, which would tend to overshadow the north-of-Front portion towers.

These projects are set to completely transform this neighbourhood (granted it is currently being transformed) into a high rise condo zone. I just hope they retain the warehouse like urban texture that gives it character.

Again, take a walk in the area and you will note that the blocks immediately east of Spadina are considered part of the Fashion District and not the Entertainment District - so according to the City of Toronto's street signs.

While I love the fact that so many projects are about to materialize in this area over the next several years, because I'm a skyscraper fanatic (especially for the greater downtown area), I do wish we had more proposals for taller buildings...I wish we could see what is already on the list and perhaps 5-10 more projects that were 50 or more stories in height in this area...now that would be phenomenal...in terms of adding the skyline 'wow' factor (at least for me)...

While I love the fact that so many projects are about to materialize in this area over the next several years, because I'm a skyscraper fanatic (especially for the greater downtown area), I do wish we had more proposals for taller buildings...I wish we could see what is already on the list and perhaps 5-10 more projects that were 50 or more stories in height in this area...now that would be phenomenal...in terms of adding the skyline 'wow' factor (at least for me)...

Yeah..i doubt that will happen under this city council. City Politics = 157 meters and under.:rolleyes:

Back