News   Jul 15, 2024
 767     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 601     0 

Emirates A380 @ CYYZ on June 1st, 3:45pm

Promagstyle

Member Bio
Reaction score
This massive Airbus A380 will land at CYYZ as EK241 tomorrow at Pearson International Airport, so keep an eye in the sky around 3:45.

39217_1243265423.jpg

Track the plane on: http://www.flightstats.com/go/Fligh...onAndStatus&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=co-op

what path will it take over toronto so we know where to look?

Prometheus,

Below is a relatively crude mockup of main flightpaths into YYZ.
Most likely the A380 will arrive on Runway 24R today.
3584811479_97eb1c2f80_o.jpg

Has anyone taken an A380 before? I would imagine that like any other flight the novelty is being at the gate and seeing the monstrous thing dock at the jetway but, once onboard, your experience as an economy class passenger is the same as being in steerage on the Queen Mary - who friggin' cares if it's the biggest, most opulent anything? You still have to get your elbow rammed by the food cart and crawl over two other passengers to make it to the back to stand in line to use the urine-soaked, claustrophobic washroom.

I flew a Singapore A380 last summer. It was quite an interesting experience. The plane is massive, though it's not so readily apparent on board. The stairs to the upper deck are more unassuming than I would have expected, but once you're up there it's quite surreal to see an entire other level, rather than the relatively confined space on the 747. The plane also has a much more modern feel than what I'm used to. I know that's kind of vague, but I'm talking about the lighting and finishes.

You can listen live to Toronto Pearson Control Tower. Just follow the below link and scroll down to "CYYZ-Toronto" and select windows media or real media player. As the 380 is in a new class of aircraft "the super-jumbo" it carries a distinctive call-sign in all communications with air traffic control where it is referred to as the "380 Super".

http://www.liveatc.net/feedindex.php?type=canada

Has anyone taken an A380 before? I would imagine that like any other flight the novelty is being at the gate and seeing the monstrous thing dock at the jetway but, once onboard, your experience as an economy class passenger is the same as being in steerage on the Queen Mary - who friggin' cares if it's the biggest, most opulent anything? You still have to get your elbow rammed by the food cart and crawl over two other passengers to make it to the back to stand in line to use the urine-soaked, claustrophobic washroom.

Exactly. Don't forget the even longer lineups at customs; and you don't even have to be on this sucka to experience that.

Ah, well the Singaporean customs officials are quite efficient, if a bit surly(though they do have candies at their desks). I didn't notice any especially long lines.

A few years ago an aircraft with four engines, all mounted on the tail. flew over my house headed towards Pearson. Turns out it was some sort of Russian type. Unusual aircraft are neat to see, for sure.

I heard it circled over the 403 in Mississauga before landing over Dixie Road facing northeast. If that's the case, then the reverse runway was used - "06L".

Back