Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

What is a turnover meeting?
It's when the developer turns the condo over to the new condo corporation and the first board is formed. One of the first jobs of that new board is to hire an engineering firm to do the audit. Then that board spends two years making sure the developer fixes issues that are identified in the audit. Then there is a final settlement (or they go to Tarion for arbitration) and the board is left to fix whatever the developer didn't.

It's when the developer turns the condo over to the new condo corporation and the first board is formed. One of the first jobs of that new board is to hire an engineering firm to do the audit. Then that board spends two years making sure the developer fixes issues that are identified in the audit. Then there is a final settlement (or they go to Tarion for arbitration) and the board is left to fix whatever the developer didn't.

So in light of these major building deficiency issues recently cast in the spotlight the Developer will be covering all costs for these repairs?

So in light of these major building deficiency issues recently cast in the spotlight the Developer will be covering all costs for these repairs?
In a perfect world.

In the real world, there's a lot of negotiation that happens. The first thing is that they have to be identified as deficiencies, not as something else (design, wear and tear, whatever). You need a good engineering audit firm and a good board for this process. The developers are pros at this.

Anyone can't change the address because it's too new? it's not registered in canada post? I can't change the address for fido, CRA, and some banks.

Anyone can't change the address because it's too new? it's not registered in canada post? I can't change the address for fido, CRA, and some banks.

I haven't bothered changing my address yet, just because I really don't want to have to go to the temporary mail location to fetch my mail. So I still use my old address which is still valid. I suppose for many others, using the old address is not really an option ...

Thanks
I guess I need make several phone calls...

I haven't bothered changing my address yet, just because I really don't want to have to go to the temporary mail location to fetch my mail. So I still use my old address which is still valid. I suppose for many others, using the old address is not really an option ...

I thought passes were only required for overnight parking. There were a couple of instances last week when I noticed very early in the morning that a number of vehicles had received parking tickets so it looks like they are enforcing it.....and so they should

No need for passes during the day, only for overnight. I think we are limited to 10 overnight passes/unit/month.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.... For those of you who are fans of Tim Hortons, looks like the Tim Hortons on the retail level of tower 1 is now open for business. It should do well there.

The garbage smell on tower 2 is getting really bad.. and the heat in the hallway isnt helping. Is this the same with the other towers?

The garbage smell on tower 2 is getting really bad.. and the heat in the hallway isnt helping. Is this the same with the other towers?

I'm in tower 3. There is very bad smell when crossing hallway to elevator in P4, not sure if there is a garbage room

I'm in tower 3. There is very bad smell when crossing hallway to elevator in P4, not sure if there is a garbage room

I would me more inclined to think that at the depth of the P4, its more sewage (plumbing) related. Would not be the fitst plumbing issue we have seen in these three buildings. I would stop by the management office and let them know if you still smell it tomorrow.

Yeah I would have to agree. If its smelling all the way in p3/p4 that must be sewage/plumbing related. I would def let the property managemtn know about it. Its on the residents of all phases to let them know of all issues so they can be corrected esp before the building registers at which point costs would be passed on to residents through maintenance. Any other issues you notice in tower 3? As I have yet to move into tower 3 but will be in January.

Also just wondering what the time between occupancy and closing has been for residents of tower 1 and tower 2.
I know that tower 1 is now registered. I beleive tower 2 is soon to follow. Trying to estimate when registration for tower 3 will be. I know it will be early 2015 just tryng to figure out a better timeline. Thanks for all the help.

I think we as residents need to use this forum to communicate any issues and help eash other veen if were in diff towers. Any defects that can be pointed out will prob apply to all 3 since seems same contractors where used for infrastructure especially.

Yeah I would have to agree. If its smelling all the way in p3/p4 that must be sewage/plumbing related. I would def let the property managemtn know about it. Its on the residents of all phases to let them know of all issues so they can be corrected esp before the building registers at which point costs would be passed on to residents through maintenance. Any other issues you notice in tower 3? As I have yet to move into tower 3 but will be in January.

Also just wondering what the time between occupancy and closing has been for residents of tower 1 and tower 2.
I know that tower 1 is now registered. I beleive tower 2 is soon to follow. Trying to estimate when registration for tower 3 will be. I know it will be early 2015 just tryng to figure out a better timeline. Thanks for all the help.

I think we as residents need to use this forum to communicate any issues and help eash other veen if were in diff towers. Any defects that can be pointed out will prob apply to all 3 since seems same contractors where used for infrastructure especially.

Building 2 is already registered.. You will probably be on of the lucky ones who moves in after its already registered, I think building 1 and 2 registered in the 4 to 5 month timeframe.

Back