Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

Just recieved a letter for a delay from emerald city development...oh boy, did we all get really screwed over by them. New tentative occupancy date is JANUARY 29 2014!!! WTF!

Mine say JULY 31, 2013. How come yours is different than mine? What unit on what floor that you bought?

The letter says "The setting of this new Tentative Occupancy date may change other futre Critical Dates, as set out in the statement of Critical Dates (page 1 of addendum) provided by the Vendor at the time the Purchase Agreemtn for the home was signed (in accordance with the terms of the Tarion Warranty Corporation Addendum that forms part of Purchase Agreement)"

What does this statementin bold means? Does this mean the Vendor can delay the occupany date as long as they want? What's the buyers' rights? When the buyers can break the contract?

Is there anyone who bought Poppy unit in Tower 1 recently? I need to know what is the latest price for this unit.

Mine say JULY 31, 2013. How come yours is different than mine? What unit on what floor that you bought?

The letter says "The setting of this new Tentative Occupancy date may change other futre Critical Dates, as set out in the statement of Critical Dates (page 1 of addendum) provided by the Vendor at the time the Purchase Agreemtn for the home was signed (in accordance with the terms of the Tarion Warranty Corporation Addendum that forms part of Purchase Agreement)"

What does this statementin bold means? Does this mean the Vendor can delay the occupany date as long as they want? What's the buyers' rights? When the buyers can break the contract?

For anyone with questions regarding delays in new construction
http://www.tarion.com/Warranty-Prot...d-Closings-and-Occupancies/Pages/default.aspx

In terms of the new date. It is what it is. I have July 31, 2013 as well. I just hope they do a good job with the building at the very least. I am somewhat concerned with what's transpired so far, as ELAD doesn't really have a track record for condo developments here as of yet. I still believe in the location and potential though.

newbuyer, What are you going to do with your property. Have you put in on the market for an assignment sale? If so let me know how it goes. Thanks

Ron_von_doom, I'm thinking of selling it, if I can get the right offer/price. I'm avoiding realtor/mls since they are charging commission. Maybe, I'm going to sell it privately. How about you?

Attachments

• IMG_1705.jpg
    IMG_1705.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 221
In the latest New Condo Guide magazine, there is a ad for Emerald city 2. and the that ad says that that construction has started for Emerald 1. What a load of BS!

Does anyone have the Poppy floor plan available to view online? I need it for assignment purpose. I don't have scanner, and it is easier for me to copy and paste to sell the unit on the web. Thanks

Hey newbuyer. I spoke to karen (the red head sales rep). She told me the only way to sell your unit on assignment is to call elad head office and ask for their Permisson. Let me know how it goes if u are really serious about selling your unit.

Sources have indicated that ELAD has come to agreement with PCL Constructors Canada to construct Emerald City 1, no word on ECity 2 or 3 yet. I would expect some mobilizations of trailers and excavators / piles & caisson rigs to start arriving.

They will be using one of the Condos on Forrest Manor as their Construction Office.

Can anyone provide a recent photo, any activity.

Back