Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

They are able to link to cell phones. I haven't tried if it works but they told me it does. Is 6 the same to open garage for visitor parking?

I don't feel it's a silly question at all... I don't think anyone was ever provided any instructions.
When someone calls your unit, once you pick up and decide to let someone in just press #6 to release the lock on the door.

The real question is why can't they link your dial in number to a cell phone instead of a land line?

... actually ... they DID link it to my cell-phone (which is great and what exactly I wanted).

In fact, when my friends contacted me through the intercom, it was a phone # that I did not recognize, that appeared on my cell phone. It was only afterwards, talking to my friends that we realized it was the # for the intercom.

Do you know if #6 also opens the garage door for guests?

Does anyone know how HST rebate works? Does the builder give it to you upon closing or do you have to file with CRA to get it?

Can you open garage door for guests?

Does anyone know how HST rebate works? Does the builder give it to you upon closing or do you have to file with CRA to get it?

Can you open garage door for guests?

The HST rebate is built into your purchase price and is assigned to the builder, so you do not have to pay for it at closing. This only applies if the purchase is going to be considered your principle residence. If you are purchasing the condo with the intention on renting it out then you must pay for the HST at closing and apply to the CRA to receive the rebate. You cannot include this HST amount as part of your mortgage either, it becomes part of your closing costs.

I don't know if it works for the garage door, we've only tried it for the front door so far.
When we asked if we could use our cellphones for the intercom we were told by building management that it wouldn't work and we had to have a landline. Did you set yours up though them or through security?

I don't know if it works for the garage door, we've only tried it for the front door so far.
When we asked if we could use our cellphones for the intercom we were told by building management that it wouldn't work and we had to have a landline. Did you set yours up though them or through security?

I set mine up with security..i'm in tower 2

I'm a bit confused about the HST rebate. I'm a primary resident of the place, am I qualify to get the HST rebate? If so will it be apply upon closing?

I am in Tower 1 and I had mine setup through security. Mine goes directly to my cellphone (I do not have a landline). For Tower 1, "6" is for the main doors on G and P1, while "9" is for the parking garage door. It should be the same for Towers 2 and 3.

I'm a bit confused about the HST rebate. I'm a primary resident of the place, am I qualify to get the HST rebate? If so will it be apply upon closing?

The price that you paid for your unit already includes the HST rebate, which is assigned to the builder so you do not qualify for any additional HST rebate since the rebate is already reflected in your final purchase price

The lawyer handled my HST rebate in her calculation. They will ask you if you rent or live there.

You could always give your lawyer a quick call if it provides some closure for you

I am in Tower 1 and I had mine setup through security. Mine goes directly to my cellphone (I do not have a landline). For Tower 1, "6" is for the main doors on G and P1, while "9" is for the parking garage door. It should be the same for Towers 2 and 3.

Tower 2 only has the front door set up atm. Security set mine up so it calls my cell and if i don't pick up it goes to my girlfriends. I'm guessing because different towers have different management they have different rules for the intercom? I was never told it had to be a land line.

Last edited:
How do they even know? You provide a phone number. Who's to know if it's a land line or cell?

A friend of mine is asking if anyone is renting out parking spots. Anyone know? Where would someone post something like that?

I know someone who may be interested in renting out a spot on P1 close to the entrance to tower 3. 62 forest manor entrance.

I know someone who may be interested in renting out a spot on P1 close to the entrance to tower 3. 62 forest manor entrance.

There is a message board in the mail room inside Tower 1 where people put up condos/parking spots/lockers for rent and their contact info. Not sure if there's a similar board in Towers 2 or 3. But you can check there and see if there's a spot for rent.

There is a message board in the mail room inside Tower 1 where people put up condos/parking spots/lockers for rent and their contact info. Not sure if there's a similar board in Towers 2 or 3. But you can check there and see if there's a spot for rent.

Residents of tower 2 and 3 have access to each others lobbies, but we do not have access to tower 1. I guess it has to do with the amenities.

Back