East FiftyFive (Lamb Dev Corp/Hyde Park Homes) - Real Estate -

Thanks @menker - I just contacted my lawyer. Question for you tho; I called my insurance company last week to try to arrange insurance and they had a hard time understanding what type of insurance I needed. There was confusion because in occupancy you 'own' the unit but not really since it isn't registered...but you also aren't renting. Any suggestions for what type of insurance I need? Thank you!
Hey @StuGold I got tenant insurance. We are technically renting until we get title/deed, then we’d switch to homeowners insurance. Hope that helps. My lawyer did say the policy needs to have a minimum of $2 million personal liability.

I am looking to rent a parking spot at East 55 - can someone please let me know if they have one available (or if they hear of one)? Thanks - I really appreciate it!

Does anyone know if the pandemic has had any effects on building registration timelines?
The reply that I got at the beginning of Dec, was more of a generic one "anywhere from 6-8 months after occupancy is when the building usually registers.". I interpret occupancy to be late Nov/early Dec time frame. Hope this helps.

The reply that I got at the beginning of Dec, was more of a generic one "anywhere from 6-8 months after occupancy is when the building usually registers.". I interpret occupancy to be late Nov/early Dec time frame. Hope this helps.

Thanks! That timing makes sense!

Fort those that have moved in already, what is the status of the amenities. I understand that it's winter and so the pool won't be open, and that COVID would probably have a gym restricted. Just wondering if the pool is still being built or looks built and if the gym has filled with equipment yet.

Also, anyone get any good internet deals? Bell, Rogers.. another provider?

Fort those that have moved in already, what is the status of the amenities. I understand that it's winter and so the pool won't be open, and that COVID would probably have a gym restricted. Just wondering if the pool is still being built or looks built and if the gym has filled with equipment yet.

Also, anyone get any good internet deals? Bell, Rogers.. another provider?
Hey @asoong, none of the amenities are complete. The party and gym rooms seem close to being complete, but there's nothing in them. They were also testing the pool before the holidays, and now it looks like they've drained it. Here's a few photos.

party room
IMG_7502.jpg

IMG_7503.jpg

gym
IMG_7504.jpg

Hey @asoong, none of the amenities are complete. The party and gym rooms seem close to being complete, but there's nothing in them. They were also testing the pool before the holidays, and now it looks like they've drained it. Here's a few photos.

party room
View attachment 292607
View attachment 292606

gym
View attachment 292605
Thanks for the photos! really appreciate it. The pool area looks like it'll be nice once it's up and running, however the pool does look smaller than I expected in the photos, however I'm not basing this on much. Is that a window in the gym? do you think it's just covered up?

Thanks for the photos! really appreciate it. The pool area looks like it'll be nice once it's up and running, however the pool does look smaller than I expected in the photos, however I'm not basing this on much. Is that a window in the gym? do you think it's just covered up?
Yes, that is a window in the gym - it’s just dark outside so it looks opaque. As for the pool, it’s maybe 6’ wide? I recall a photo in an earlier post that shows a bird’s eye view of the pool that gives you a better sense of it’s size. It’s been real quite in the building. Haven’t bumped into a neighbour yet.

Yes, that is a window in the gym - it’s just dark outside so it looks opaque. As for the pool, it’s maybe 6’ wide? I recall a photo in an earlier post that shows a bird’s eye view of the pool that gives you a better sense of it’s size. It’s been real quite in the building. Haven’t bumped into a neighbour yet.
Ah yes, post #86 by @StuGold seems to show what you're describing. Well maybe we'll run into each other as I'm getting key Jan 21. I'm hoping the building/area stays relatively quiet as that was one of the reasons why I purchased. I'm coming from King and Spadina which is more convenient, but could also get really loud thurs-sat pre-covid with all the bars/clubs.

Ah yes, post #86 by @StuGold seems to show what you're describing. Well maybe we'll run into each other as I'm getting key Jan 21. I'm hoping the building/area stays relatively quiet as that was one of the reasons why I purchased. I'm coming from King and Spadina which is more convenient, but could also get really loud thurs-sat pre-covid with all the bars/clubs.
@asoong I'm moving over from King and Spadina too (Brant Park)! And hoping it's quieter also.

Back