East FiftyFive (Lamb Dev Corp/Hyde Park Homes) - Real Estate -

Our PDI was today. A solid list of deficiencies but nothing major. Overall, quite pleased.

@StuGold - our unit is right above yours on the 12th floor. We’ll encourage our tenants to walk softly (although hopefully that won’t be much of an issue either way!) 😉

F50CA19B-DB97-4EE5-BD3F-D3507DFB484F.jpeg
F54FF223-4A96-4E4C-87A4-6D39F4B9A7E2.jpeg
682EBF1F-4BA5-4AC6-882F-410229CBCD7B.jpeg
3B8EE70C-1BD6-4175-9460-F1B8A0AF172A.jpeg
087CFEED-7C57-4FF6-ABF1-7D00FC8810D9.jpeg

Our PDI was today. A solid list of deficiencies but nothing major. Overall, quite pleased.

@StuGold - our unit is right above yours on the 12th floor. We’ll encourage our tenants to walk softly (although hopefully that won’t be much of an issue either way!) 😉

View attachment 283589View attachment 283590View attachment 283593View attachment 283594View attachment 283595
Looks great @SteveM! It's interesting to see the different colours and finishes. I didn't know that a full-size fridge was an option - definitely would have gone for that!

Looks great @SteveM! It's interesting to see the different colours and finishes. I didn't know that a full-size fridge was an option - definitely would have gone for that!

Yes, we opted for the full size fridge and range. In order to make it work though, we had to sacrifice part of the walk-in closet in the master bedroom. Overall, I think it was a decent trade off but I guess it depends how large one’s clothing collection is!

Did anyone see minimum rent requirements? Given the current situation, it seems like this could make renting out quite difficult.

Where's all the concrete? Lamb projects are known for the concrete ceilings and walls...but I have seen nothing but drywall. What's going on here? All the units posted look great BTW.

Some ballers in here :p

Where's all the concrete? Lamb projects are known for the concrete ceilings and walls...but I have seen nothing but drywall. What's going on here? All the units posted look great BTW.

Some ballers in here :p
Lol. I can see why you’re asking based on the photos shared. I can assure you the units have plenty of concrete; by default. We kept the concrete walls in all our unit’s rooms, I personally love the look of them. We did however get the ceilings plastered/painted white. It would have been too much concrete for us if we didn’t. We’re hoping to be back next week to complete our formal PDI. I’ll make sure to take and share photos of our concrete features just for you 😋

If anyone has a 2bd/2bath/parking (or a large 1+) they will be renting let me know- I’m looking to start a new lease February 1st and I’ve had my eye on this building.

Did anyone see minimum rent requirements? Given the current situation, it seems like this could make renting out quite difficult.

Yes, they were sent to purchasers a couple weeks ago. Our unit is just over 1000 sf so we had to contact Lamb directly for the minimum. Still waiting to hear back.

Anyone move in yet?
I reached out to Property Management and reserved the elevator for move-in on December 4th (conditional on closing on Dec 3rd which is also my occupancy date). @StuGold, if you haven’t yet, I would encourage you to contact your lawyer. I asked our lawyer to ping Brad’s lawyer who only then released all the paper work and requirements to complete occupancy. They need stuff like updated mortgage pre-approval letters, certified cheques, proof of insurance on the new unit, etc. All stuff that will take a little time to get given current conditions.

I reached out to Property Management and reserved the elevator for move-in on December 4th (conditional on closing on Dec 3rd which is also my occupancy date). @StuGold, if you haven’t yet, I would encourage you to contact your lawyer. I asked our lawyer to ping Brad’s lawyer who only then released all the paper work and requirements to complete occupancy. They need stuff like updated mortgage pre-approval letters, certified cheques, proof of insurance on the new unit, etc. All stuff that will take a little time to get given current conditions.
Thanks @menker - I just contacted my lawyer. Question for you tho; I called my insurance company last week to try to arrange insurance and they had a hard time understanding what type of insurance I needed. There was confusion because in occupancy you 'own' the unit but not really since it isn't registered...but you also aren't renting. Any suggestions for what type of insurance I need? Thank you!

Back