News   May 28, 2024
 456     0 
News   May 28, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   May 28, 2024
 500     0 

Dundas West/ Bloor Mobility Hub +interconnected hub network (Metrolinx)

And why does the project require work at subway track level? I thought it's a pedestrian connection through an existing underground parking lot
If I had to guess, it's because they're working underground NEAR the subway tunnels, and connecting to them within the station. Probably want to make sure nothing happens to the tunnels. It's just installation of "monitoring equipment").

Don't forget that when they were working on the Bloor GO/UP station a few years back, contractors drilled right through the subway tunnel from above, leading to some mud leaking in and a subway closure.

At least two of the elevators get down to track level - if not lower. Probably three!

I believe there's a new passageway that crosses the existing tunnel, just above the ceiling. Probably about the location that that Metrolinx contractor drilled into the Line 2 tunnel.

Perhaps another further east too? I seem to recall that the new mezzanine wasn't insignificant.

If I had to guess, it's because they're working underground NEAR the subway tunnels, and connecting to them within the station. Probably want to make sure nothing happens to the tunnels. It's just installation of "monitoring equipment").

Don't forget that when they were working on the Bloor GO/UP station a few years back, contractors drilled right through the subway tunnel from above, leading to some mud leaking in and a subway closure.
In the Toronto West email from today they announced adding monitoring points to the subway tunnel.

Great news that this connection is finally moving forward.

Reading the comment about "600 transfers between the stations," makes it sound as if the connection will only be used by people transferring between GO and TTC.

For residents of the Junction Triangle neighbourhood around Symington and Perth, this will become the preferred way to access the Dundas West subway station. So the tunnel will surely have thousands of daily users who going through the GO station to get to the TTC.

Reading the comment about "600 transfers between the stations," makes it sound as if the connection will only be used by people transferring between GO and TTC.

For residents of the Junction Triangle neighbourhood around Symington and Perth, this will become the preferred way to access the Dundas West subway station. So the tunnel will surely have thousands of daily users who going through the GO station to get to the TTC.
It might even be possible that users of the Symington bus would be better off exiting the bus at Ernest Ave. and walking to the station instead of getting stuck in traffic between Symington/Bloor and the station. I look forward to trying that out.

Oh...and Bike Share to/from the station will benefit from not having to go on Dundas or Bloor.

Also I imagine that the developments going up around this intersection and hub will have direct underground connections.

Back