News   Apr 24, 2024
 357     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 2.7K     6 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 649     0 

Dufferin Street: Eliminating the jog

The Dufferin Jog looks like a good place for a DRL and GO station in the long term future.

there used to be a train station there back in the day.

The entrance is still there on the south side of the underpass. It used to have the words SUBWAY in stone above it until it was removed last year so not to confuse people.

On the north side of the bridge The SUBWAY 1897 logo still exists in stone, i am hoping that they restore it reminding people of the age of the village of Parkdale.

The entrance is still there on the south side of the underpass. It used to have the words SUBWAY in stone above it until it was removed last year so not to confuse people.

how did they remove it? and why? why not just cover it with a metal plate?

how did they remove it? and why? why not just cover it with a metal plate?

I agree,just cover it up until the project is completed and eventuly that old stone can all be restored. About confusing people, unless your from the outback any smart Torontonian would know that there is no subway at Queen and Dufferin.

I agree,just cover it up until the project is completed and eventuly that old stone can all be restored. About confusing people, unless your from the outback any smart Torontonian would know that there is no subway at Queen and Dufferin.
Because tourists and visitors to the city don't exist, right?

Because tourists and visitors to the city don't exist, right?

i don't think it would be a problem. it's not on any maps as a subway and if you walk by it and can't get in, you would just move along. i wonder how many people wait for the "subway" at wilson & the 401. :D

the word "subway" has other meanings and i'd hope most people would know that. do people stare at the yield signs at the back of TTC buses and wonder how much corn they're carrying?

will they change these signs too? ;)

250px-Subway.svg.png

Don't laugh. I moved to Toronto in the mid-80s and got my first apartment just off Dufferin. To visit my only friend in the city by TTC, I had to change vehicles at Queen and Gladstone. Being half graduate student, and half western-canada boy, I thought the "no standing" sign prohibited me from standing at the streetcar stop ...

Don't laugh. I moved to Toronto in the mid-80s and got my first apartment just off Dufferin. To visit my only friend in the city by TTC, I had to change vehicles at Queen and Gladstone. Being half graduate student, and half western-canada boy, I thought the "no standing" sign prohibited me from standing at the streetcar stop ...

LOL i remember when i saw those signs for the first time.

Hey rumour has it that they are bringing in the heavy equipment in September i believe they are waiting for the CNE to end to start this project.
dufferin1.jpg

Looking at this pic they most likely will be eliminating that eastern first bridge.looks like the tracks are already gone,plus i believe they were talking of a new approved development to replace those empty warehouses to the right of the tracks.This intersection is going to be in chaos for the next 18 months.

Actually, the tracks on the "eastern first bridge" have been gone for ages. In fact, that's the de facto "railpath bridge"...

Bridge and Street

Does anyone have the link to the plans which shows what the new bridge and street will look like?

Back