News   Apr 24, 2024
 570     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 790     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 535     0 

DRL Station Design

London's map have the colour selections based on the type of transit, and other types on the same map share the same colours but are displayed differently to represent a different system.

London's map have the colour selections based on the type of transit, and other types on the same map share the same colours but are displayed differently to represent a different system.

I'm sorry that's too complex for simpleton Torontonians to understand, obviously. Our brains simply melt. And explode.

Obviously a red line makes more sense than a yucky orange one. Orange is gross. When I am in New York I completely avoid the Sixth Ave lines. It creates much clearer signage and maps to have a red subway route and much better looking too. If only we could increase the cars on the Sheppard line from 4 to 10 and then the TTC would finally make some sense.

View attachment 7127View attachment 7128View attachment 7129View attachment 7130

I believe we got the longer subway cars in Toronto than in New York, and the only line getting 10 cars first will be the YUS

Dude, what is your deal?

I was thinking the same think back at you. It is better to have nothing than to have an LRT on Sheppard, and before running out of colours it makes sense to overlap the one dedicate to surface transit. I don't get it. Some cities need to overlap colours because they have run out and when they do they usually create a line number or letter to make it clear. Toronto just doesn't have that problem.

I was thinking the same think back at you. It is better to have nothing than to have an LRT on Sheppard, and before running out of colours it makes sense to overlap the one dedicate to surface transit. I don't get it. Some cities need to overlap colours because they have run out and when they do they usually create a line number or letter to make it clear. Toronto just doesn't have that problem.

Let's be clear. The LRT on Sheppard was a stupid universally panned idea. I doubt anyone misses it. The SELRT is dead, get over it. What that has to do with line colours I have no idea, especially when other people point out to you that there isn't any problem with it. The TTC doesn't even have proper wayfinding signage and you're worried about red being used on a brand new line?

Let's be clear. The LRT on Sheppard was a stupid universally panned idea. I doubt anyone misses it. The SELRT is dead, get over it.

Things "universally panned" don't get planned and funded. It takes many to make it happen. If you truly believe it is universally panned you have your blinders on. People need to take the bus in mixed traffic currently... BRT, LRT, and subway are all improvements to the status quo even if you can't wrap your head around that fact.

What that has to do with line colours I have no idea, especially when other people point out to you that there isn't any problem with it. The TTC doesn't even have proper wayfinding signage and you're worried about red being used on a brand new line?

Yet you have an issue with the colour orange even though it hasn't been used yet, has been used in a myriad of different cities, and would not conflict with the signage standards the TTC finally settled on. Why not use a colour with no overlaps? Why are you so concerned about orange?

Things "universally panned" don't get planned and funded.

Sheppard Stubway, 407 Privatization, Ottawa's 1st LRT plan, the entire G20 Summit in Toronto, etc etc etc. There are plenty of examples of plans that wern't good plans that received funding. Just because something's funded doesn't make it good. Spending millions on a fake lake was funded, does that mean that it was a wise investment? I don't think you'd find anybody (besides King Steve) who believed the fake lake was a good idea. Yet there it was.

Yet you have an issue with the colour orange even though it hasn't been used yet, has been used in a myriad of different cities, and would not conflict with the signage standards the TTC finally settled on. Why not use a colour with no overlaps? Why are you so concerned about orange?

As for orange, I've always associated it with the Hurontario LRT.

Also, orange would look too similar to yellow on the map. It would be confusing.

Last edited:
Ahahahaha, you've been arguing about colours on a fictional line for like two pages. And your only arguments have been that you "don't like" them. I guess we had better not have more than 4 lines because the colours might be unappealing to you or something ahhahaha.

Back