News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 567     1 

Downtown Grocery Store List (current + proposed)

I'm sure it will be very popular in the neighbourhood. It will be interesting to see how they set it up--maybe one entrance and one exit? It's a tight space.

That is exactly the layout I foresee here.

I'm sure it will be very popular in the neighbourhood. It will be interesting to see how they set it up--maybe one entrance and one exit? It's a tight space.
It clearly looks to be an experimental, grab-and-go urban store geared to small local hauls, serving mainly the explosion of condo dwellers in the immediate vicinity. Will be interesting to see how it does.

Also, I don't go there often, but it struck me upon visiting yesterday that the T&T on College is slowly going to shit. It looked a lot more cluttered and chaotic than any time I'd been there previously. It reminded me of Nations in the Stockyards. Just because it's sandwiched between two areas notorious for their messiness (Kensington and Chinatown) is not an excuse to slack off. I expect a far more disciplined approach from a brand run by the country's largest corporate grocery chain.

Oh and the potato chip section sucks now.

Also, I don't go there often, but it struck me upon visiting yesterday that the T&T on College is slowly going to shit. It looked a lot more cluttered and chaotic than any time I'd been there previously. It reminded me of Nations in the Stockyards. Just because it's sandwiched between two areas notorious for their messiness (Kensington and Chinatown) is not an excuse to slack off. I expect a far more disciplined approach from a brand run by the country's largest corporate grocery chain.

Oh and the potato chip section sucks now.
Our nation's largest grocery chain is more concerned with attacking their customers for wanting food to be affordable than actually running their stores at this point.

I thought that was weird. No more hot counter I guess! No more Towered as a customer then either!

Not big on home cooking? LOL

Supermarket hot counters are rarely tempting to me.

I mean they can be a fill-a-void thing.........

But there are only a handful of places producing interesting, quality stuff.

T&T would be one.

Loblaws Bathurst/Lakeshore location would be another (Fortino's HMR program)

I thought that was weird. No more hot counter I guess! No more Towered as a customer then either!

You may be interested to know:

1717206766745.png

From: https://www.thestar.com/business/lo...cle_6d58f9dd-e9d6-596b-a401-071dc8486c6d.html

Not big on home cooking? LOL

Supermarket hot counters are rarely tempting to me.

I mean they can be a fill-a-void thing.........

But there are only a handful of places producing interesting, quality stuff.

T&T would be one.

Loblaws Bathurst/Lakeshore location would be another (Fortino's HMR program)
I like to home cook when I can, but let's just say that it's...logistically difficult.

I admit hot counters are frequently disappointing. Loblaws consistently seems to be the best at it however of the major grocery chains. I'm a bit of a sucker for their crispy chicken tenders and maple salmon. I always ask for 2 tenders, but there's this chick who works the counter at the Dupont-Christie location who always puts 4 in the box and charges me for 1 (2 bucks!) - I think she likes my look...

Metro is a regular let down with their hot counters. Everything seems to be either too bland, or too dry, or too salty.

Haven't tried Farm Boy's hot counters yet - I often peruse the offerings, but they usually look dried out and stale - like c'mon, is it that hard to come along every now and then and stir the contents so that the top layer isn't crusty while everything underneath is mushy? Maybe the temperature setting is too high? Either way - LAZY. Put more effort if you want to entice me.

I'd love to know more hot counters with better quality, or other solid grab 'n go places like the Rooster.

Back