1.9K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Downtown birthday hot spots?

• Thread starter FortySixAndTwo462
  • Start date
F

FortySixAndTwo462

Anybody have recommendations for neat spots to spend a Thursday night birthday celebration for a 23-year old? I'd rather avoid the generic pub crawl or strip club excursion and instead go someplace unique. I know that several years ago there was a bar downtown that was like a Chuck-e-Cheese's/bar hybrid (arcade games, air hockey, basketball toss... you name it, boasting a well-stocked bar as the venue centrepiece), but apparently they closed down awhile ago.

Any ideas are welcome (anything booze-related will receive extra consideration, since by Thursday I'll be recovering from 4 brutal midterms and looking to unwind). Thanks.

Your probably thinking Playdium, which closed down a long time ago.

I suggest Yuk Yuk's Comedy Club for a good time. Good laughs, reasonably ticket prices $10 for students, drinks aren't too expensive and all around good time with friends.

Louroz

nono it's not Playdium (since I've been there as well); it was a much smaller place that had the atmosphere of a pub, but it had a whole bunch of arcade games and other stuff tossed in. Damn, I wish I remember what it was called.

Thanks for the Yuk Yuk's suggestion though ... I'll bring that up with my buddies.

It was called Vinnie's and was located at Duncan and Adeliade.

Lily Lounge on College was the venue for FutureMayor's 23rd birthday bash. It was pretty good. Nice food, cute waiters, low lighting levels - which I find increasingly necessary. Nice decor. Nice was the word all round. People behaved nicely too - except for one crazy guy who got so drunk he threw up.

Einstein's!!! All you can eat peanuts, and cheap beer. What more do you need?

Walleweasel1.jpg

Wall E Weasel's Family Restaurant

Back