Distinction Condos (Lash Group) - Real Estate -

Has anyone done their PDI yet or started living in their unit yet? What's the build quality like and your experience? Thanks!
We had our PDI on the 2nd and are moving in next Monday. The quality of the building is honestly fabulous. The experience itself was easy and straight forward. Make sure you bring your list of upgrades (if you have any) so that it can all be checked off. We measured everything and they let us stay as long as we needed to get photos and whatnot.

We had our PDI on the 2nd and are moving in next Monday. The quality of the building is honestly fabulous. The experience itself was easy and straight forward. Make sure you bring your list of upgrades (if you have any) so that it can all be checked off. We measured everything and they let us stay as long as we needed to get photos and whatnot.

That's good to hear. Were you able to see any other parts of the building or check out any of the amenities? Does it seem like they are close to completion? In regards to the PDI, did you find the unit to be what you imagined? Were there any inconsistencies? Was it accurate based on the floorplan?

That's good to hear. Were you able to see any other parts of the building or check out any of the amenities? Does it seem like they are close to completion? In regards to the PDI, did you find the unit to be what you imagined? Were there any inconsistencies? Was it accurate based on the floorplan?
We weren't able to see any other parts of the building. We are on the 4th floor so I caught a glimpse of the event space but it's not near completion. The elevator we went in still wasn't finished and the lobby drywall was being sanded at the time. Even the corridors still need work. While the quality of the unit was excellent, my measurements from the floorplan were slightly off (and we knew there was allowance for this in the contract). It's unfortunate as I'm now worried about some of our furniture not fitting. We weren't able to go out on our terrace as it was a hazard at the time but all in all, it seemed fairly close to what we were anticipating. Hopefully the things that we pointed out that needed to be fixed will be done before we get our keys next week but it's going to be a great building once everything is done.

We weren't able to see any other parts of the building. We are on the 4th floor so I caught a glimpse of the event space but it's not near completion. The elevator we went in still wasn't finished and the lobby drywall was being sanded at the time. Even the corridors still need work. While the quality of the unit was excellent, my measurements from the floorplan were slightly off (and we knew there was allowance for this in the contract). It's unfortunate as I'm now worried about some of our furniture not fitting. We weren't able to go out on our terrace as it was a hazard at the time but all in all, it seemed fairly close to what we were anticipating. Hopefully the things that we pointed out that needed to be fixed will be done before we get our keys next week but it's going to be a great building once everything is done.

Thanks for the response. Is there anything you recommend we should pay close attention to for the PDI. You mentioned that you needed some things to be fixed.

Thanks for the response. Is there anything you recommend we should pay close attention to for the PDI. You mentioned that you needed some things to be fixed.
Make sure you know your upgrades and have that list ready to go. I can share the things that we flagged to be fixed (and most of the things were actually flagged by the inspector before we could even say it). Cabinet doors being level; warped finishes in the cabinets; overall cleanliness of the switches and baseboards (some of the paint and other building products needed to be cleaned off); make sure every light fixture works; open every cabinet and appliance (our freezer door got stuck); make sure your shower door seals properly; and test out all the lights. We just made sure to flag everything so that it's on their radar to be fixed before we move in.

How's life inside the new condo? Worth the wait? :)
Moving in next week so we will see. Based on the PDI though, there is a lot of work left. It looks done on the outside, but inside, the lobby, hallways, elevator, etc are not done at all. It's going to take some time to get settled in and for them to complete everything. Having said all that, it does look promising.

Thanks for sharing! I'm moving in sometime in March 2021 so it's still a few months away. Been walking by this place everyday for the past 4 years waiting to move in... We can't wait! I have to admit though, even the outside, lobby, and coffee room so far look a lot smaller than I thought it would be from the drawings. I just hope the units are well built and the building is well maintained.

Please keep us updated with your thoughts of the condo (i.e. should we sell? haha)

Has anyone done their PDI yet or started living in their unit yet? What's the build quality like and your experience? Thanks!
My husband and I are living here now. It's super empty (haven't see a neighbour yet). Its very dusty and there's construction all the time. But I'm just happy that we're finally here after all these years of waiting :) The quality is lovely. There are a couple of things that obviously aren't perfect but the construction team has been wonderful to work with and they get it all fixed up super quickly.

Looking into renting a two bedroom corner suite here in the new year(anytime in March). If anyone is interested in renting their two bedroom corner suite with parking. Please PM me.
Hi! If you find a unit that doesn't have parking and would like to rent our spot, please let me know :)

My husband and I are living here now. It's super empty (haven't see a neighbour yet). Its very dusty and there's construction all the time. But I'm just happy that we're finally here after all these years of waiting :) The quality is lovely. There are a couple of things that obviously aren't perfect but the construction team has been wonderful to work with and they get it all fixed up super quickly.

Thank you so much for sharing and it's great to here the build quality is good! 3.5 months left for us and my wife and I can't wait either! The wait has been too long!

I'd love to see some pics of the finishes in the common areas and inside your units if anyone wants to share! March can't come soon enough!

I'd love to see some pics of the finishes in the common areas and inside your units if anyone wants to share! March can't come soon enough!

If you search 11 Lillian on HouseSigma/Zoocasa you'll see someone tried to sell a few weeks ago - it has some pictures in there.

Does anyone know whether heating is included in the maintenance fees? Seeing as how gas is included, is the heating on gas or hydro?

Back