Discovery Condos (Concord Park Place) - Real Estate -

How thin are the walls? Typically you'd have two pieces of drywall and some metal studs in between. I think standard drywall might be 3/4 inch, and I have no idea of the depth of a stud but I'd guess around 4-5 inches or so.

hi to all ,

JUST a reminder that the walls inside the unit is VERY VERY thin ..

My family decided to add some hand bars in the bath tub area , which is in the master bathroom , so one side of the wall is the bath tub tiles , the other side of the wall is one of the wall of master bathroom.....

The renovation people (very experienced people) didn't know the dry wall is this thin, and drill too far and comes out the other side .... of coz they fixed the wall for us ....

BUT JUST WATCH OUT .... especially when you are moving in.

thanks for the heads up...=)

if anyone's looking to rent a parking space, i'm waiting for delivery of my car, should be a few months, can rent to anyone if interested in the meantime

How thin are the walls? Typically you'd have two pieces of drywall and some metal studs in between. I think standard drywall might be 3/4 inch, and I have no idea of the depth of a stud but I'd guess around 4-5 inches or so.

TheProfessor,

Since no one living at Discovery have any interesting stories to tell, maybe you have some updated insights from your viewpoint from Aria. As far as I can tell, not many people have curtains put up so what's the scoop from your view? :)

And is there a party going on at Aria that Discovery doesn't know about yet? :p

There was a bike locked to my locker inside before I got the keys. I put a note and threatened that I would locked it. After several days, it was gone.

And there was one time that a car occupied my parking space... I told the concierge and they said they would issue a ticket...

any interesting stories to tell about living at discovery?

I have a few questions to ask the people out there who are willing to answer...

1) Can anyone confirm how the visitors' parking process works? Do we have to come downstairs to meet our guests or can they come up directly after signing in?

2) My washer/dryer can only hold so much laundry. Has anyone located the larger laundry machines that are suppose to be available to us? Are they coin operated or free to use?

I asked the management office .... they saying for visitor parking :

1. first your fd have to come to the main enterance door of your building , "sign up" with the security people, they will give you a pass to put on the dashboard.

2. then drive back to the enterance ( at the gate) of the visitor parking, buzz the intercom , and the security people will let them in .

IN building A & B , currently , they are still trying to install all the washer and dryer in the public laundry room , so no one had seen them yet .... but according to my mom, she states it will be about 20 washer & 20 dryer ... I think it will be coin operated ....

I have a few questions to ask the people out there who are willing to answer...

1) Can anyone confirm how the visitors' parking process works? Do we have to come downstairs to meet our guests or can they come up directly after signing in?

2) My washer/dryer can only hold so much laundry. Has anyone located the larger laundry machines that are suppose to be available to us? Are they coin operated or free to use?

IN building A & B , currently , they are still trying to install all the washer and dryer in the public laundry room , so no one had seen them yet .... but according to my mom, she states it will be about 20 washer & 20 dryer ... I think it will be coin operated ....

Wow ... public laundry room with coin operated machines in a condo .... don't think I've seen that for a very long time, that certainly reminds me of older rental apartment buildings

well ... someone mentioned to me the public laundry room is free of charge ( including in the maintaince fee ) ..... umm .... let's see on friday at the seminar...

Back