Discovery Condos (Concord Park Place) - Real Estate -

What's the update on this?

Anyone planning on moving in to their new condo soon? Or has the move-in date been pushed back again?

Hey Polkaroo, I loved the Polka Dot Door when I was a kid :) I have a unit in building A and haven't heard anything new since I got that delay letter about 3 months ago saying final closing would be June 2011. From the looks of it, they are within months of finishing off the insides still. The only thing I hope is that they don't force us to move in when there are no facilities in place and still charge us the full occupancy fees. Do you have a unit there?

I hear the builder has a scheduled completion for all facilities in the complex set at January 2012. So if you have to take occupancy by June 2011, there may be a full 6 months before all the amenities are ready for use

Cassius, from the letter they said "final closing" is for June 2011. So I assume occupancy would be before this? Can they legally have final closing before the amenities in place?

No but I want to, I could walk to work in 3 minutes. Units are for sale now starting at $211,800 but those have an occupancy date of sometime in 2013. Maybe I could find something to rent...

You must be talking about Tango, I have a unit in Discovery, I hear the units in Tango are quite nice, but there was a discussion in the forums that the prices were getting quite steep for the upper floor units. I don't know what the sales status is for the Tango units, how many have sold until now.

Cassius, from the letter they said "final closing" is for June 2011. So I assume occupancy would be before this? Can they legally have final closing before the amenities in place?

I am confused. Are we mistaken? Here is the direct quote from the letter I received on June 24, 2010.

"please be advised that the Tentative Closing Date is hereby extended from December 8, 2010 to June 30, 2011. We will advise you well in advance of June 30, 2011 of your Confirmed Closing Date so that you can organize your plans accordingly."

Note that it only said "Tentative" on June 30, 2011. Does this mean that there can be another letter coming for another delay? Its been delayed 18 months (on writing) already and I hate to see another letter to advise me of further delays. How long can this go on for? Isn't there a rule for maximum delay time to protect us?

I am confused. Are we mistaken? Here is the direct quote from the letter I received on June 24, 2010.

"please be advised that the Tentative Closing Date is hereby extended from December 8, 2010 to June 30, 2011. We will advise you well in advance of June 30, 2011 of your Confirmed Closing Date so that you can organize your plans accordingly."

Note that it only said "Tentative" on June 30, 2011. Does this mean that there can be another letter coming for another delay? Its been delayed 18 months (on writing) already and I hate to see another letter to advise me of further delays. How long can this go on for? Isn't there a rule for maximum delay time to protect us?

if it's "tentative" then it can go on indefintely.

once you get the 'confirmed' occupancy date, then they are allowed only 2 more times with certain time frame restrictions, but i can't recall specifically at this time.

if it's "tentative" then it can go on indefintely.

once you get the 'confirmed' occupancy date, then they are allowed only 2 more times with certain time frame restrictions, but i can't recall specifically at this time.

Sorry but you confused me some more. Tentative Closing is different than Tentative Occupancy and Confirmed Closing is different than Confirmed Occupancy.

What were you really referring to?

These nasty people at Concord sent me another letter saying Interim Closing is not until January 2012!! Can someone explain this, based on the pics above, they are almost done, why another year delay??? I'm assuming Interim Closing is Interim Occupancy? I'm really really pissed. I know delays are likely but as I understand this is the third major delay, this building is late by over 2 years now!

These nasty people at Concord sent me another letter saying Interim Closing is not until January 2012!! Can someone explain this, based on the pics above, they are almost done, why another year delay??? I'm assuming Interim Closing is Interim Occupancy? I'm really really pissed. I know delays are likely but as I understand this is the third major delay, this building is late by over 2 years now!

I know that for some of their towers downtown (Cityplace) they wouldn't let the first person move in until all owners had done their PDI's, or something to that effect. So while the building may look complete from the outside, I'm sure the inside is still quite bare, especially the higher up floors.

Personally I don't understand the logic and feel your pain.

Which building did you purchase?

Thanks professor. I'm actually weighing my options, I am going to look around and see if there is anything move in ready in the first part of 2011. And when the interim closing comes, I'll try to assign the unit and pay the fee. It is a risk, I know, but hopefully the market is strong at that time. I am in one of the lower units and had assumed I would be moving in much earlier than the other units, but I guess I'm wrong. Ronsil, I bought Discovery I, I thought I'd be safe because at that time apparently it had already been delayed by a year.

Thanks professor. I'm actually weighing my options, I am going to look around and see if there is anything move in ready in the first part of 2011. And when the interim closing comes, I'll try to assign the unit and pay the fee. It is a risk, I know, but hopefully the market is strong at that time. I am in one of the lower units and had assumed I would be moving in much earlier than the other units, but I guess I'm wrong. Ronsil, I bought Discovery I, I thought I'd be safe because at that time apparently it had already been delayed by a year.

I am in Building B and am quite pissed as well. I bought it the day it went on sale. I have been waiting for 3.5yrs already. Jan 2012 is just unacceptable. Totally screwed up my schedule. Friend bought later than me is moving in this August at HWY7. Let me know what you find as I am looking elsewhere too.

I am in Building B and am quite pissed as well. I bought it the day it went on sale. I have been waiting for 3.5yrs already. Jan 2012 is just unacceptable. Totally screwed up my schedule. Friend bought later than me is moving in this August at HWY7. Let me know what you find as I am looking elsewhere too.

Ronsil, I bought last year in August and it was already delayed by a year at that point in time from what I understand. Any good in contacting this customer care center? I found the letter totally derogatory as they were "pleased" to announce the final interim closing date that was a year away and to add insult to injury that they will contact us 4 weeks in advance to arrange inspection...like it was going to be in a few weeks!!! Unfortunately I think that as long as they keep "updating" us, they can delay things indefinitely. I will see if there is anything in the area, maybe around Yonge Sheppard, as there are alot of developments being completed there. Please, also let me know. I may, once I calm down a bit, call the number on the letter to give them a piece of my mind. I feel worse for you, 3.5 years is just way too long. Do you think we would be able to assign our unit in January? I think its a cost of 5K.

This is just horrible news. I expect I will get my letter shortly as well. I thought things were on schedule for June 2011. Don't understand why it would take another year to be finalized. Of course in the mean time, my downpayment is collecting interest in some bank account!

Back