2.6K     1 
News   May 31, 2024
 966     0 

Disappointed with Canadian Church

Ontario_rat

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi, all.

I would not deny I am Christian, and I am eager to join a home-like church, praying together, getting spiritual support, being more "intergrated" into the community, especially when I am a newcomer to Canada.

However, I found the church I went to closed the doors especially for Chrisitians like me.:thumbdown: It is a Presbyterian church (Knox church) in the downtown, toronto. I found they just ignored me, maybe because I was not introduced by someone else locally? I don't even know who is the pastor. Actually, they were playing around with those non-Chrisitians who just want to learn English in the ESL class, holding party, laughing, joking, dancing sexily when they were singing holy poems(well, they can call it as B.B.Q and worship activies inluded whatever). Don't they take Christianity seriously? Or they just like to meet people?:frown:

And when I sit with them in the cars for the BBQ, one of the "leader" of missonary talked to another guy, " Is this person...blah...blah....?" (talking about me. Well, I do know english, speak english, don't you think it is very impolite to talk with another person about me and I just sit besides?!:frown:

Yes, I felt I was excluded by this church, :frown: People here is as cold as the ice because it is downtown toronto?:thumbdown: And I think people outside of the church are far more friendly:huh:

Every church is a little different; one's just right for you. Or was that Firkin's?

Don't sweat it--just try somewhere else.

Thanks, but I think you typed it wrongly. should be http://www.churches.com/:D

you can't get fried chicken from that kind of church. though if you go to a catholic church, you get free bread and wine. portions are kinda small though and everyone drinks from the same cup.

Also, what the heck is "Canadian Church"? You may want to change your title on this.

I believe the Church of Canada has locations on every block. They serve coffee and Timbits and won't accept my debit card.

haha I thought of Timmie's too when I read the thread title, not surprised it was brought up.

If I was unsatisfied with a bagel I bought in Toronto I probably wouldn't title my thread "Disappointed with Canadian bagel store".

I believe the Church of Canada has locations on every block. They serve coffee and Timbits and won't accept my debit card.

I often go there for communion, I get my own cup. God Bless Everyone:)

What an awkward, bizarre topic. I beg to ask, do you actually think there will be an answer to your question?? On an urban issues/architecture/photography forum, no less?

Seems like a personal problem.

What an awkward, bizarre topic. I beg to ask, do you actually think there will be an answer to your question?? On an urban issues/architecture/photography forum, no less?

Seems like a personal problem.

Why not? People ask all sorts of questions pertaining to establishments around the city. I don't see why this should be considered any different.

Back