News   Jul 26, 2024
 281     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 307     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 328     0 

Deamalgamation for Toronto and Hamilton?

• Total voters
I probably said it before, but I'll say it again. I think we should be looking at the opposite of this thread: we should finish the job that was started and amalgamate Toronto with its suburbs (Peel, York, Durham).
Don't forget the annexation of Mississauga...
You are aware that Mississauga is in Peel, right?

You are aware that Mississauga is in Peel, right?

Quite right nfitz:

Sorry, scanned the post too quickly, mind registered only York and Durham. My focus was on the (arguable) humour of "annexation" as opposed to "amalgamation" given CC's statement that "we should finish the job we started."

Only human. My error. It's been a long week.

I have long argued that Mississauga should be part of Toronto. Mississauga did have the Toronto name for a long time before it was ever called Mississauga after all (Toronto Township).

That said, I'd support a larger government and then have smaller more regional community councils or something. Look at other large cities and see what works.

I have long argued that Mississauga should be part of Toronto. Mississauga did have the Toronto name for a long time before it was ever called Mississauga after all (Toronto Township).

Okay then, so by that logic, Simcoe should be part of Simcoe County, Perth should be part of Perth County, et al...

Back