News   Apr 25, 2024
 381     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Cycling: West Toronto Railpath (City of Toronto, Phase II Proposed)

Just wanted to say that the new open spaces along the Railpath are going to be integrated with it in a great way! For example the organizing central open space evolving beside MOCA. I hope that there is an intention to take down the chain link fence once construction is complete.

Seen today by the Wallace bridge. Not my tag, but I certainly share the sentiment. A year and four months now that the railpath has been bifurcated/closed:

IMG_9668_HEIC.jpg

They completed the fencing from the Dundas entrance to basically where the entrance to Henderson Brewery is today. I asked one of the workers when they're taking the fencing down blocking access over Bloor and he said, 'that's a good question' lol. So.. more waiting. God I want this trail back so badly, running across Bloor and Parkside/Keele to get to High Park has almost gotten me killed far too many times.

They completed the fencing from the Dundas entrance to basically where the entrance to Henderson Brewery is today. I asked one of the workers when they're taking the fencing down blocking access over Bloor and he said, 'that's a good question' lol. So.. more waiting. God I want this trail back so badly, running across Bloor and Parkside/Keele to get to High Park has almost gotten me killed far too many times.
This is what they told me
  • The railpath south of Bloor St W to Dundas St W will open this fall.
  • The closure between Wallace Ave – Perth Ave will have to remain longer than anticipated. The tunnel construction for the pedestrian pavilion was delayed due to unexpected utility relocations and delays with permits on Randolph Ave.
  • Once the Tunnel Construction is complete the railpath can be fully reopened, we are looking at Winter/Spring 2025.
  • We will send an updated construction notice to the public once we have clearer dates. This will likely be in early April.
  • For the WTRP Extension, we expect work to begin in Fall 2024. We will likely notify the community in a more official way closer to the date.

IMG_3018.JPG

The traffic light at Bloor and Perth is now operating (and the barrier removed), making for a much easier rail path detour around the closure at the GO/UP station .
Now if only there was a direct cycling connection between Perth and the rail path further South (instead of having to jog to the intersection at Sterling, or take the sidewalk, or jump over the grass)

Back